About Funds For Africa
Is a Non for Profit (NPO) entity established in 2018 in Canada, that is driven by a dedication to a social cause in the areas of health, science, research, or educational settings or advocating for a specific shared view for African countries
The position holder will work closely with diverse teams to formulate and implement specific activities in the annual work plan for the Network in accordance to Project contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures. The project will be conducted in 10 regions across Tanzania Mainland ( Dar es salaam, Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Dodoma, Mwanza, Mbeya, Iringa, Shinyanga, Morogoro and Kagera )
Within delegated authority, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on Operational activities, disaster relief/management or emergency situations for Funds for Africa .
- Manages Funds for Africa Emergency Response related activities, including organizing and delivery of regional emergency response exercises and training events, oversees and supports the management of teams in the region.
- Partners with other humanitarian agencies to plan and evaluate humanitarian and emergency assistance programmes and help ensure that latest findings, lessons learned, policy guidelines, etc. are incorporated into these activities, including gender-related considerations.
- Assists in the production of appeals for international assistance; ensures the proper use and spending of donor contributions
- A university degree in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or any diploma/degree from any recognized institutions
- A minimum of one year of progressively responsible experience in operations affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area, is required.
- Humanitarian experience in the field (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in emergency situations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is required.
Remuneration will be in line with the set procedures of the organizations which consider the experience and qualifications of the candidate (USD 2500-3500)
Applications: Interested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th August 2021
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted.