TITLE: Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: HR & Logistics Officer
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Mwanza, Tanzania
LENGTH: 24-months with a possibility to extend based on performance and budget
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches more than 90 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
The Office Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the HR & Logistics Officer to perform her/his assignments within the office. He/She will support day-to-day administrative and logistical tasks related to the implementation of office and project activities. Among other duties, he/she will handle office reception duties, ensure cleanliness of office facilities, replenish kitchen related stocks, detect and report faults in office premises.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the reception area including assisting in receiving and screening all incoming visitors in accordance with Americares security procedures to identify them and determine the nature of their visit. Keeps a log of all visitors showing their name, time of arrival, who they visited and time of departure.
- Assist in operating incoming and outgoing calls as required by caller, determines the nature of the call, and decides on appropriate routing.
- Assist in photocopying, scanning, and maintaining the copier machines, notifying the HR & Logistics Officer when service and supplies are required. Make sure the printing/documentation/photocopying area is well organized.
- Prepare coffee, tea, or other refreshments for staff.
- Assist in arranging meetings/conferences and ensure all the requirements for the meetings are met
- Ensure cleanliness of the office, dusting of all computers and printers and other office machines. Monitor and ensure adequate cleaning of kitchen and washroom supplies
- Ensure that all general public areas are neat and clean.
- Handle pick-up and delivery of items for the office as required.
- Assist the HR & Logistics Officer in physical asset verification and inventory management.
- Ensure all invoices received from vendors are recorded, supporting documentation attached and forwarded to Finance.
- Support in updating stationery/sundries in the store, issuing of stationery to staff and preparation of list for re-order level.
- Ensuring supplies received are put away in the store or distributed to the users accordingly.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the HR & Logistics Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clear speaking voice, neat and pleasant appearance.
- Good understanding of basic grammar.
- Ability to deal congenially and effectively with people, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to be consistently organized, diplomatic and conscientious.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willing to learn, use and maintain office machines and assume responsibilities as skills increase.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Certificate in Business Administration, Office Management, Record Management or other relevant field plus, a minimum of two years working experience. Diploma qualification is an added advantage.
- Preferred experience with medium-to-large sized national or international organization.
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency, and integrity.
- Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness; and
- Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this position, the applicant should submit the following items in an expression of interest to Americares:
- Curriculum vitae or resume that clearly spell out qualifications, experience.
- Cover letter highlighting interest in the position and relevant skills
- Academic credentials
Deadline for submission: 4th October 2021
Submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received