Muslim University of Morogoro (MUM) is a private higher learning institution owned by
Muslim Development Foundation (MDF) with a vision of becoming a centre of excellence with cutting edge programs, responsive to the needs of the individual and the nation in a globalized world under the guidance of Islamic moral values. Applications are invited to fill the following vacant positions
Position: Assistant Leeturer [1 Position
Faculty of Science: Department of Mathematics Assistant Lecturer -Computer Science(1 post)
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science with a GPA of 3.8 or B+ grade for unclassified Bachelor’s Degree.
- Master’s degree with a GPA of 4.0 and above and an Upper Second Bachelor Degree with a GPA of 3.8 and above for classified degrees and for unclassified degree an overall pertormance ot Bt gradc or above.
- All degrees must be obtained from recognized institutions.
- All degrees must be directly related to computer science (undergraduate, Masters)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
- Asisting senior staff in practicals, seminars and tutorials for postgraduate programmes as
part of their learning and building capacities in various aspects of teaching, Iearning, research and public service.
- Preparing case studies.
- Working in co-operation with senior members on specific projects.
- Supervising special projects for undergraduate students.
- Conducting and publishing research results.
- Assist in writing teaching manuals and compendia.
- Attending and organizing workshops, conferences and symposia
- Carryıng community/outreach services
- Carrying out field supervision
- Any relevant duty that may be assigned by the relevant authority.
Position: Assistant Examinations offcer
Department of Examination- Assistant Examinations Officer (1post)
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree in science with Education with a minimum GPA of 3.8 or B+ grade for unclassified Bachelor’s Degree.
- All degrees must be obtained from recognized insttutions
- Professional qualifications in Computer (Microsoft and Intenet) will be added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping examinations records
- Receiving, Processing and compiling University examinations
- Processing examinations results
- Preparing meetings of the Internal and extenal examiners
- Ensuring the University examination time table is accurate and readily available to all academic staft
- Preparing Documents of student’s results for Joint Faculty Board and Senate meeting
- Publishing results after being approved by the senate meeting
- Ensuring that the Independent Internal Examiners Board meetings are held in
accordance with University policy.
- All applications should be attached with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing names, position and detailed contacts of three reliable referees, copies of both academic transcripts and certificates of all degrees.
- Successful candidates will be employed on permanent or contract terms depending on the age of the applicants. However, the confimation shall be made after satistactory
completion of first year (Probation).
- All applications should be sent to the following address:
Muslim University or Morogoro
P.O. Box, 1031
Deadline is 10″ August 2021.
Issued by the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic)