Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is seeking a;
Get customer satisfaction by installing, repairing, inspecting and commissioning service, considering economical and other aspects. Problem solving by using of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations. Knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and prospective customers.
- Install, repair, inspect and commission products and equipment of different kind at customer site or own premises.
- Report and document results after above actions.
- Responsible for plan, conduct and maintain tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvements.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide problem solving to customer.
- Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Guide colleagues in service methods and tools.
- Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge.
- Grade 12 (Matric) or equivalent qualification
- Trade Certificate of Competence, if possible, Diesel Mechanic, Auto Electrical, Millwright
- Minimum 5 year experience working as Field Service Technician with proven competence as Earth moving Equipment or Surface boom and rotary drill technician knowledge in the above mentioned field
- The individual has Safety, Communication & supervisory skills.
- Proficient in Computer, confident with Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Access, Power point etc.,
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in mining environment
- At least 5 to 8 years experience in Fault finding / electro hydraulic / auto electrical / hydraulic / PLC, remote control offerings
- Factory knowledge on underground drills and load & haul will be an added advantage
Logistics Coordinator: Rock Tools
Manage the order-to-delivery process for Tanzania Rock Tools. Perform regular inventory analyses and handles redistribution of slow-moving and excessive inventory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Order Management and Logistics Planning
- Review allocated, outstanding and backorders. Make necessary adjustments and amendments to the orders.
- Replenish consignments and contract sites
- Manage customer demand against sales forecast
- Determine shipping methods due to urgency and stocking levels
- Review and identify any issues related to allocations, pricing, EQ (Exceptional Quantity) and forecast
- Coordinate regional stock returns with warehouses and freight management. Handle customer credits and secure the necessary stock adjustments in the local ERP system. Create export shipping document with correct tariff codes if required
- Handle warehouse and shipping discrepancies, such as over/short ship, wrong/damage goods
- Participate and support in customer tender process, such as providing availability and lead-time information
- Expedite urgent orders
- Handle Import/ Export customs resolutions (customs authorities in Tanzania)
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of related business systems and processes
- Provide support and make recommendations to Sales Area (Customer Service) to ensure orders are created according to the set procedures
- Provide back up support for Demand Planners, when required
- Perform monthly inventory and forecast analyses for Tanzania
Education and Experience
- University or college degree in Logistics or Supply Chain, or 3-5 years of experience in related field with focus on inventory management, freight and logistics
- Experience in mining or manufacturing industry will be an advantage
- Experience in Import/ Export procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written communication