3 New FORM FOUR and Above Job Vacancies at The British Government Tanzania – Drivers
Jobs in Tanzania 2021: New Job Vacancies at The British Government Tanzania, 2021
View Vacancy – Driver S1 – (02/21 DAR)
Main Purpose of Job
To provide transport services for staff and other authorised passengers at the British High Commission (BHC) to and from assigned destinations within Tanzania in a safe, efficient and courteous manner, strictly adhering to road traffic rules, Foreign & Commonwealth Office Transport Policy, BHC Transport Policy and Post’s security regulations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Dar es salaam biggest missions, providing an all-round logistics support to the mission. The successful applicant must have a clean driving licence and have a minimum of four years driving experience. The applicants also require good working knowledge of the city, its environs and other areas of the country.
The individual will need to be extremely efficient in managing their time in an environment which is dynamic and liable to change at very short notice. The individual should be able to think ahead and choose the best route for the journey, demonstrate initiative, be extremely discreet and polite in all dealings with both internal and external contacts as a representative of the Mission.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out daily maintenance checks on BHC vehicles. Ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy before starting on their journey including tyres, petrol, oil and lubricants as well as spare tyre, jack etc.
- Drive authorised passengers to meetings and functions in and around Dar es Salaam and also up-country.
- Meet authorised passengers at, or deliver them to, JNIA terminals as required.
- Accurately complete journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles.
- Ensure passenger safety by ensuring that they wear their seat belts.
- Have a well-documented journey plan when proceeding on long safaris. Use the issued satellite telephones as required.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced at the stated mileage and all details documented in the Logbook.
- Make pickups and deliveries of authorised passengers, materials and equipment.
- Submit all purchase receipts to the Transport Manager and ensuring that any mechanical faults are reported.
- Maintain contact with the BHC by using the existing radio/communication system.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions and travels involving the nature of the role, passengers and destinations, etc.
- Ensuring the safety and security of passengers and vehicle in your care.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Transport Manager, including, but not restricted to covering for colleagues during official absences, and manning the BHC reception when required.
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure)
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Certificate in Driving.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook)
- Strong customer skills.
- Possess a clean police record
- 3 years’ experience as a Driver within a government or NGO or Corporate/Office environment
- Good knowledge of local city roads, locations of government offices and main roads to other parts of the country
- Good driver customer service protocols and proactive organisational skills
- Specialised driver training
- First aid certificate
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- FCO Mandatory Courses
- Defensive driving
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission Dar Es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Tanzania.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in Tanzania.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.