TGNP has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition-building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political, and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfill its mandate and in line with the expansion of organizational activities in the country, TGNP is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant positions existing within the organization:
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer-Capacity Building and Research
A. General Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Officer-Capacity Building and Research will be responsible for coordinating project (s) focusing on Training and Capacity Building, Research and Analyses for increasing the number of competent animators and add to the body of knowledge on Gender and Feminism. Further, the incumbent will ensure desired project outcome is attained which include
- Coordinate project schedule, the budget and the issues and risks of the project in line with organizational and donor/project requirements,
- Responsible for overall supervision of the project activities,
- Design and executes project work plans to meet the goals and objective of the project,
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual
B. Specific responsibilities
- Provide overall technical and operations leadership in the project while ensuring networking with project beneficiaries and other stakeholders., actors in the communities in the project
- Project(s) management in accordance with project documents, work plans and budgets and ensure that work is consistent with project goal.
- Link with the Finance team to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and ensure adherence to the relevant TGNP and procurement policies.
- Provide leadership, expert guidance, support and motivation to the team.
- Coordinate project(s) management meetings and ensure adherence to work plans to ensure project(s)
- Manage donor and other partners’
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Executive
C. Key Qualification and experience
This position requires an experienced person with strong background and high competence in Training and Capacity Building (Facilitation, Familiar with Participatory and Animation methodologies) and Research and Analysis (Familiar with Gender Analysis, Participatory Action Research, and other research methodologies). Should also have expertise in budgeting, reporting, work planning, line and project(s) management. Experience working with both the non-governmental organization, rural communities, private and public sector is a necessary requirement.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Education with a minimum experience of four
- (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Gender and feminist analysis
- Curriculum and training materials development
- Coaching and mentoring ability to existing and potential women leaders especially in rural
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving
- Critical thinker with attention to details.
- Team-management and leadership
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English (including writing skills in both languages)
- Good organizational skills, coaching ability and analytical
Job Title: Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
A. General Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for Developing and coordinating MEL activities across all levels of the programme, including: Developing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework for the programme, ensuring data systems are updated/improved to measure progress against the programme log-frame indicators.
B. Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinating designing and implementation monitoring, evaluation and learning plans including design of data collection tools, training of users in the use of the tools and data analysis
- Coordinate computerization of MEL plans and systems to facilitate data storage, retrieval and
- Develop and implement the programme and projects’ monitoring and evaluation process, capturing project outcomes/impact and lessons learned and use this information to improve project
- Oversee the IT and designing and implementation of organizational Data Management Systems related to MEL to support decision making and programme
- Contribute to the Learning outcomes as per the organizational and donor requirements.
- Staff Management: Providing leadership, expert guidance and support and motivation to the
- Identifying priority and data gaps (qualitative and quantitative) define key variables to be tracked in monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting to produce evidence-based reporting on results achieved and how the organization should adapt for best results and outcome
- Producing regular reports on MEL plan and budget implementation.
- Facilitating internal and external project evaluations, reporting and dissemination on outcomes of such evaluation.
C. Key qualifications and Experience
A minimum of bachelor’s social sciences, degree in Statistics, demographics, education, or related M&E field with minimum of 4 years’ experience. Strong experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex social change processes, both qualitative and quantitative aspects and Data Quality Assessment is an added advantage.
D. Key Competencies:
- Effective verbal listening and communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
- Effective Public Relation skills and public speaking skills
- Good communications and writing skills, public speaking and presentation
- Strong interpersonal
- Knowledge of NGOs work and understanding of feminism/gender and development will be an added advantage
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software packages.
- Perform other duties as
Job Title: Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer will be responsible for supporting in designing and implementing the MEL activities, assisting the Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer in data collection, analysis and verification, monitoring, evaluation of project activities, preparing reports on project progress.
A. Specific Responsibilities
The Assistant Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and strengthen monitoring, inspection, evaluation procedures and incorporate learnings for programme improvement and sustainability.
- In collaboration with IT department, ensure computerization of MEL plans and systems to facilitate data storage, retrieval and utilization.
- Working closely with the IT in designing and implementation of organizational Data Management Systems related to MEL to support decision making and programme delivery.
- Facilitate Monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of overall programme
- Provide feedback on project strategies and activities including ways to overcome setbacks which constrain efficiency and effectiveness of programme
- Assist the project personnel with MEL tools and in supporting them in their use.
- Perform other duties as required.
B. Key qualifications and Experience
First degree in social sciences with at least 3 years of experience in the design and operationalization of databases in development projects implemented by NGOs/Development projects/programmes. Eexperience in monitoring and evaluation of project processes, both qualitative and quantitative aspects is added advantage.
C. Key Competencies:
- Experience in designing databases, tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software and using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software packages
Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer
A. Overall Responsibilities
Effect payments preparations by ensuring they are backup with all supporting documents
- Data entry all vouchers on timely basis (payment vouchers, Deposit vouchers and Journal Vouchers,
- Petty cash management and payments through approved petty cash procedures,
- Store Management; Increase efficiency in store management by using computerized system
- Management of cash l flows and cash and bank transactions management
- Manage statutory payments g. With-Holding Taxes, PAYE,
- Collect cash form vendors/staff and issue Receipts Bank them intact within the respective month,
- Prepare Donor Financial reports as per donor requirement and agreement
- Support projects audits, external audits, process and financial reviews
- Facilitate M Pesa payments
B. Specific Responsibilities
- Inputting all accounts data into pastel computerized
- Prepare payments
- Prepare payroll, TRA deductions, NSSF deduction and other taxes
- Management of Office petty cash
- Facilitate Banking Activities
- Prepare several Donor financial reports as per contracts
- Prepare / support internal budget for meetings, Trainings, workshops, and make all the payments
- Facilitate audit exercise in collaboration with auditors
C. Key qualifications and Experience
A minimum of bachelor’s Bachelor’s degree in Finance or accounting with relevant experience of 2 years.
D. Key Competencies
- Skilled in word and
- Skilled in pastel accounting or any Accounting
- Honesty, keen, diligent with patience, perseverance, and good
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, commitment towards
All positions advertised carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
Mode of Application
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within seven (7) days from date of the first appearance of this advertisement which is 16th July 2021.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. However, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website: www.tgnp.or.tz