Zanzibar Insurance Corporation was established on the 20th of June,1969 under the public Enterprises Decree of 1966 legal Notice no.11 of 1969. It is now operating under the public Investment Act No.4 of 2002. The Corporation is a Parastatal organization owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar through the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Nafasi za kazi Zanzibar Insurance
ZIC is looking for competitive Insurance Staff to help us expand our business by actively seeking and acquiring new clients. The goal is to formulate strong relationships to ensure growth and preserve Zanzibar Insurance Corporation’s prestige.
The Corporation invites qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts as mentioned below:
INSURANCE UNDERWRITER 5 POSTS
🎈Mwanza (1) Arusha (1) Zanzibar (2) Pemba (1)
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status
- Liaise with specialists to gather information and opinions
- Weight loss exposures and determine underwriting alternatives
- Draw up a quote for competitive insurance premiums
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies with brokers or policyholders
- Keep detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer
- Follow applicable insurance laws and guidelines.
Requirements and skills
- Proven insurance underwriting experience
- Hands-on experience with “smart systems”, analytical tools and statistical packages (spreadsheets, etc)
- Sensible judgement and attention to detail
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Degree in Insurance and Risk Management.
Remuneration will be according to the ZIC salary scales and other terms and conditions of ZIC
MODE OF APPLICATION For Nafasi za kazi Zanzibar Insurance
Application letters accompanied by a detailed CV, Birth certificate, and Certified copies of academic certificates.
All applications must be sent to email@example.com with the subject of the position applied
Deadline 13th of April 2022
i. Testimonials/provision results/statements of results are not accepted.
ii. This is renewable contract-based employment.