5 New Job Vacancie at Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST) – Various Posts
Aga Khan Health Service Tanzania (AKHST) Jobs 2021
The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital. Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focuses on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine. Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
The Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania and are connected via an integrated health systems that supports a strong continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine.
We are seeking for enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following position below:
MEDICAL PRACTITIONER POSITIONS:
- Position Title: Head of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Position Title: Head of Internal Medicine
- Position Title: Head of Accident & Emergency
- Position Title: Head of Pediatrics
- Position Title: Head of Surgery
ALL POSITIONS SUMMARY
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and interacting with the Medical Director, the Heads of Departments lead in facilitating the delivery of clinical and administrative services in an efficient and effective manner. He/ She oversees strategic, technical and operational roles including staff planning and evaluation, budget planning and monitoring. Moreover the Head of Departments oversee development and implementation of the Quality indicators of the specific department.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Medicine and/or Bachelor of Surgery
- Master Degree in MMed or equivalent in relevant field of specialization
- Fellowship of relevant field of specialization
- Minimum seven (7) post graduate experience of specified field
- Minimum Three (3) years of leadership, ongoing academic and teaching experience
- Valid registration with Medical Council of Tanganyika
- Demonstrated record of excellent clinical skills, a talent for teaching and interest in medical education.
- Demonstrated record of high quality medical research and leading collaborative research teams.
Method of Application
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18th July 2021.