Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation, KFW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. AMBT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent career development opportunities for qualified and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join in our Risk and Compliance Department across the country as Credit Risk Analyst.
Position – Credit Risk Analyst (1 post)– Mwanza
- Conduct detailed analysis of financial statements, tax returns, business and personal financial statements, guarantor statements, projections, cash flow, risk and industry data and give a documented risk opinion.
- Analyze and review credit reports, appraisal reviews, and environmental reviews.
- Monitor ongoing credit portfolio performance, financial analysis, compliance, collateral, and delinquencies for multiple relationship portfolios and explore what can be done better to minimize chances of having bad loans.
- Prepare recommendation for presentation to the credit committee for approval.
- Ensure proper channels of communication are followed when communicating with other departments.
- Facilitation of periodical monitoring of the actual performance of the business of the client’s vis-a-vis projections accepted at the time of appraisal of credit facilities.
- To identify and evaluate temporary/critical aberrations coming and propose timely and suitable action.
- Prepare the Loan Loss Provision for review by CRM/CRO and assist CRM to prepare the CRC materials and participate in CRCs.
- Monitoring of the actual performance of the business of the client’s vis-a-vis projections accepted at the time of appraisal of credit facilities.
Selection Criteria and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years as a Loan Officer/Credit Risk Analyst/Credit Supervisor.
- Honest person with high integrity and independent who will observe professional ethics in executing his/her duties
- At least Bachelor degree in business, ideally with a focus on Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics or Finance.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic computer software;
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others;
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to their importance for AMBT’s operations and strategic goals
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve on the job.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and bank’s branches in Tanzania Analytical, proactive and team player.
Please send your application letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Certificates and other relevant documents will only be required during the interview. The application letter should explain why you fit for this position.
The deadline for applying to this position is the 17th of November, 2021.