We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.
This position will be responsible for calling on distributors, end users, architects, consultants, system integrators, installers and more. The job holder will promote and sell the full range of ASSA ABLOY Digital and Access Solution products for all retail, commercial and ‘project’ purposes.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Management and coordination of various organizational functional areas for the business unit
- Forecast sales target monthly with Managing Director
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding set sales targets
- Create new distribution network & Increase value to existing chain
- Develop & execute brand plan
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Create, develope and close new business opportunities
- Work with the marketing and leadership team to develop and execute sales and marketing strategies
- Build portfolio of clients, both existing and new
- Maintain accurate customer and proposal records
- Prepare and deliver technical sales presentations and demonstrations showing the capabilities of the product range
- Contract negotiation and management of customer expectations
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing clients to ensure that return business is generated
- Provide the most appropriate solution to satisfy your client’s requirements
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Provide accurate forecasting and activity information to the DAS Director on a planned and agreed basis
- Achieving budgeted (as a minimum) product revenue and margin – monthly & yearly.
- Achieving targeted product market share.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Present sales pipeline and target reports to business stakeholders
- Become and remain fully skilled in all existing and new technologies offered by the ASSA ABLOY group
- Conduct sales calls, presentations, architect CPD’s etc
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting
- Handles end to end solutions for clients (from cold call to installation and debt collection)
- Emphasis but not limited to the following brands within the Assa Abloy Portfolio Impro, Incedo, Aperio, Entrematic, Abloy, Mul-T-lock, Tesa, Digi, Cliq, eCliq, Traka, IDS, All Yale Smart Living products (CCTV, Digital Door Locks etc), other entrance systems and perimeter security products etc.
- Ad hoc activities to meet company requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with courses in construction management, architectural design, IT and computer systems highly desirable
- You are a self-starter and entrepreneur with an appetite for challenges
- You are a quick learner with eager to read up on the various products
- You have the ability to think strategically and be hands-on simultaneously, with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the industry and the roles of end user -owner, architect, construction manager, general contractor, MEP consultants, quantity surveyors etc.
- Proven track record in distributor management and supported field sales in the mentioned region
- You are a committed person that knows how to win over business partners to manage professionally and generate growth in a structured manner
- Ability to read and understand specifications and facility standards.
- Strong communication, time management, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Technical aptitude in building construction, electro mechanical and IT networking desired
- Ability to demonstrate sales leadership and confident during presentations
- Ability to quickly grasp technical information.
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent communications skills (English and Swahili)
- Ability to build solid professional relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and passport required
- Must have a working cell phone
- Must be punctual and abide by company policies
- 3+ years sales experience in CCTV, Access Control, Security Installer, Construction or Building Materials industry.
- 2+ year sales management role