The Muslim University of Morogoro was founded by the Muslim Development Foundation (MDF) on 23rd October, 2004 by a Charter proclaimed by MDF, the proprietors of the University. Studies commenced in 2005/2006.
The University is located north of the magnificent Uluguru Mountains, some 4 km from the centre of Morogoro Municipality, about 300m off the Morogoro-Dodoma highway and just about 10-minutes walk from the main bus terminal at Msamvu. The campus, surrounded by a wall and set in beautiful gardens, covers about 18 hectares.
The objectives of the Muslim University of Morogoro (MUM) are to advance education through a variety of patterns, levels and modes of study and by a diversity of means by encouraging and developing learning and creativity, for the benefit of the community.
Specifically the Muslim community in the United Republic of Tanzania and beyond; to preserve, advance and disseminate knowledge and culture through teaching, scholarship and research, and to make available the results of such research; and to promote wisdom and understanding by example and, to develop the character of its students and staff by virtue of its corporate life guided by Islamic moral values.
To be a higher education centre of excellence with cutting edge programmes, responsive to the needs of the individual and the nation in a globalized world under the guidance of Islamic moral values.
To contribute to the national effort to produce highly educated and well trained human resources inculcated with the appropriate aptitudes and attitudes for the material, moral and spiritual development of the society by upholding the highest standards of teaching, learning, research, outreach and consultancy in the provision of holistic and well integrated education and training
The core values of the University are embodied in its daily functions. The most fundamental values are:
- Knowledge Seeking: As prescribed in Islam, acquisition and advancement of frontiers of knowledge are an obligation of all men and women. Indeed, the first direct revelation to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was:
- Integrity and Prudence: Seek nobility in both words and deed and act in an honest, ethical, prudent and professional manner in all endeavours.
- Excellence: Muslim University of Morogoro is committed to sterling performance and continuous improvement in carrying out its activities.
- Community Built on Respect and Tolerance: Respect for students, faculty, alumni and the general public as the source of strength will be upheld.
- Collegiality and Collaboration: Collegial governance and collaborative, interdisciplinary efforts in teaching, scholarship, and service, and student life will be adopted as essential aspects to the successful functioning of the University.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Adoption of responsibility and accountability in all levels of undertaking-financial and non-financial issues will be ensured. MUM shall endeavour to disclose fully all pertinent information to clients and stakeholders in a transparent manner.
- Academic freedom, Creativity and Innovation: Muslim University of Morogoro will support innovation, creativity and freedom of expression as a cradle of academic excellence and intellectual advancement. It will actively promote sharing of ideas and information across the community and will be receptive to new progressive ideas from different quarters.
- Spiritual and Academic Balance: Muslim University of Morogoro shall facilitate students, staff and community at large to strive for a proportionate balance between spiritual development, personal fulfillment, rational thinking and academic/intellectual growth.
- Trust and Teamwork: Commitment to trust and teamwork amongst all stakeholders including students, faculty members and all strategic partners with similar/complementing mission.
- Community Service: Provision of community service around the University and elsewhere in Tanzania aimed at raising living standards of the society.
MUM would like to provide English Language Short Course scholarship to International students
(Cutting Edge Programme)
The Muslim University of Morogoro has opened its Centre for Language Studies to promote Language diversity among individuals.
Currently the University is offering a scholarship to foreign students to pursue a six months Course.
The scholarship covers;
Training fee, Accommodation, Books and Meals allowance.
The Course will begin in January 2023.
1. The candidate must be at the beginning level.
2. The candidate must be a resident from the following countries; Mozambique, Burundi, Angola, Comoro or Democratic Republic of Congo.
3. The candidate must not be over 30 years old.
4. The deadline for applications is December 25th, 2022.
To apply for this scholarship, fill in application form below: Application Form
You might also read an announcement about this scholarship. CLICK HERE
In case you cannot access the form directly, copy the link below and paste it into a browser.
Note: Further enquiries can be made through email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Mobile +255713476117