Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Lead the “Contract Operations” required to achieve project’s Local Content Plan objectives, in line with Local Content regulatory requirements
- The job holder will perform activities for both National Content in Uganda and Local Content in Tanzania
- The job holder shall undertake all activities she/he is responsible for, or involved in, with the highest level of consideration for HSE risk management, protecting human health, respecting communities and conserving the environment.
- She/he will promote safety and environment awareness / conscientiousness at all levels through an exemplary and pro-active attitude towards the Project team, the Contractor / Subcontractor / Vendor Team and with all stakeholders.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to H3SE rules & requirements and for ensuring that H3SE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility.
- The job holder reports to the Project National/Local Content Manager.
For the In-country tendering activities:
- For each Expression of Interest, Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and Call for Tenders, as required: Integrate Local content requirements (ITT, Local Content exhibits, ..) / Evaluate bidders’ proposals / Conduct clarifications / Validate final proposals /Attend when required EACOP Contract Committees /Ensures integration of Contractors’ validated LC Plan in Contracts
- For all contracts: evaluate Local content potential, integrate specific LC requirements.
- For major contracts (TIER 1): Follow up & monitor contractors LC performance during Contract execution (monthly meetings, site visits) / Ensure Local content is cascaded down the supply chain / Produce, as necessary, tools to support and enhance local content within the supply chain (such as guidelines)
- For all contracts: review and coordinate all Local Content and Procurement plan overall and yearly submission.
- Lead the development, update, coordination, monitoring and implementation of the EACOP National Content Management Plan and LC Plan section related to the Procurement of Goods & Services / Procurement plan.
- Assist as required the EACOP local content manager (preparing reports, drafting presentations and/or communications…).
The Local Content Contracts Strategy Lead will have to take into account the following context and environment in his activities:
- Local Content development is key for both country’s development, to satisfy Authorities and local communities’ expectations, Total code of conducts and consequently for EACOP, its social license to build and operate.
- Project status close to FiD implying fast growing in-country activities
- Lack of detailed information on Tanzania and Uganda industrial capabilities
- Fast changing environment
- Accountable to implement, secure and monitor EACOP’s Local Content commitments through efficient C&P documents, process, coordination and communication, in line with Tanzanian Local Content regulations, with EACOP’s C&P manager, LC Manager and Local Content requirements and recommendations.
- Develop good working relations and cooperation, with the latter, with “Capacity Building lead” to align local content requirements with project capacity building plan, and with “Local industrialization support officer”, to challenge bidders, contractors and subcontractors local content proposals and contribution.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Engineer or Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Professional Experience (years): minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Access is a plus.
- Experienced in contract & procurement and exposure to contracts and procurement processes
- Analytical mind-set, rigorous, pro-active, autonomous
The position is based in Dar Es Salam (Tanzania) with potential trips and contacts with TEPU offices (Uganda).