Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for Regulatory Specialist. The role reports to Head of Regulatory Affairs. He/She, will be responsible to manage regulatory compliance programme and liaise with line management to ensure compliance thereof, coordinates regulatory relationship between the Company and all stakeholders in the sector i.e. the regulators, the Government, fellow operators and consumers
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1. Manages regulatory Compliance;
- Prepares and updates regularly the regulatory compliance programme and liaise with line management to ensure compliance thereof.
- Coordinates regulatory relationship between the Company and all stakeholders in the sector i.e. the regulators, the Government, fellow operators and consumers.
- Ensures timely availability of advice and guidance to line management and business pertaining to various regulatory issues as and when required.
- Monitors compliance with the terms and conditions of service licenses granted to the Company, and at the same time to ensure that all rights, privileges and entitlements of the Company under the licenses and the laws of the country are protected, enjoyed by the company and not infringed upon.
- Maintains records of all regulatory correspondences and keep Custody of licenses and other regulatory documents.
- Manages legal and regulatory aspects of interconnections, roaming and international carrier relationships with other operators.
- Monitors the regulatory environment in order to avoid risks and negative impacts related to various regulatory decisions made by the regulatory authority and the government, i.e. all aspects of market regulation, technical regulation and competition.
- Participates and represent the interests of the company in forums of a regulatory nature and provide prompt feedback to management.
- Facilitates effective interdepartmental / cross-divisional communications on all regulatory related matters.
- Attends any other matter of legal and regulatory nature as may be assigned by management.
2.Manages the preparation and maintenance of regular and special reports required by regulators and management.
Academic and Qualifications and Experience;
- A Graduate degree in Law
- Advocate of the high court
- 3 -5 years working experience in Telecoms in Regulatory affairs
- Strategic negotiation skills
- People management skills
- Project management skills
Competencies and Behavior:
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills