City Dar es salaam Tanzania
Posted on 01/29/2022
Job title Senior Accountant
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
· Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
· Preparing financial analyses and reports.
· Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
· Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
· Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
· Ensure that all transactions are in line with government laws
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations, assist with tax audits, prepare tax returns
· Developing and reviewing the departmental strategy and policies within the framework of the company strategy.
· Executing the strategy by translating it in to annual departmental and individual goals and monitor its implementations.
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports.
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports and variances analysis.
· Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
· Recording, classifying and summarizing financial transaction and events in accordance with accepted local accounting principle and financial reporting standards.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
· 6+ years of accounting experience.
· Working knowledge of tax laws and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· Strong financial analysis skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Strong organizational and stress management skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
· Ability to train and manage staff.
· Ability to work with little to no supervision.