TITLE: Relationship Manager – Commercial Banking
REPORTING TO: Head of Corporate & Institutional Banking
JOB LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Saturdays 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. Additional hours as required workload
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
- The purpose of the role is to build and manage rapport with corporate clients so as to ensure optimum customer acquisition, retention and income generation from sales of all appropriate Assets, Liability, Trade finance and Cash management products of the bank.
- ‘Best in Class’ Relationship Management with the Government Institutions – ‘Strengthening bank’s brand in the Public Sector.
- To generate Revenue Pools for the bank through sales, leading to fee-based income & CASA – ‘contribution to the bottom line’
- Ensuring delivery of industry-leading customer service, premier on boarding experience and advisory service to new and existing institutional customers.
2. KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the development of prudently priced assets, cost effective long term liability with reputable companies and organizations in order to ensure Bank’s maximum profitability.
To identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market to onboard institutional clients.
- Manage key government relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring the effective call program is maintained.
- Maintain high professional standards and strive to provide quality services and competitive pricing.
- Cultivate good rapport with government and ensure, the bank becomes the choice for their investment and all other banking solutions.
- Continuously identify and exploit cross selling opportunities that embed the bank and its products with customer needs.
- Establish quality profit earning customer relationship within the Public Sector.
- Ensure compliance to Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money laundering (AML) requirements in all dealings with existing and potential customers.
- Mentoring junior members of the team.
3. RISK MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONAL CONTROL
- Maintain a high standard of operational control including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
- Keeping updated with Exim’s guidelines for its internal policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
- Gathering information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
- Identifying areas of improvement with internal processes in place.
- Report to Management/ Board the status of Business leads, customer complaints, pending issues in respect of the clients.
4 QUALIFICATION & SKILLS
- University degree in Business Administration or Economics and relevant professional qualifications in banking, finance, marketing, or related field.
Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a similar position
- Good people management skills
- Good written and spoken skills in English and Swahili
- Strong credit analysis, documentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to assess customer needs and develop products that suits their needs
- Experience in structured trade finance, syndication and project financing will be an added advantage
- Posses in-depth understanding and knowledge of Corporate Banking Products
- Proven sales experience in a client relationship role within corporate banking
- Ability to work to deadlines with proven time management skills
- Willingness to travel
How to Apply :
To apply, please send your CV along with all academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: JOB APPLICATION: Relationship Manager – Commercial Banking
Deadline: 14th October, 2023.
(Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Application deadline:- 14th October 2023.