Technology Business Development Manager
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Smart codes Limited is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa. We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager for our tech department
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business
- Cold call as appropriate within to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Identify potential clients and the decision-makers within the client organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships
- Work with colleagues to meet customer needs
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and innovation trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by you and the team
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets
- Ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal team members
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose and strive to lead your team to meet them
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Plan events that highlight corporate services
- Develop an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents
- Perform public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing, and development.
- Being able to lead and manage a team of developers, and drive the execution of complex tech projects
- Drive tech culture
- Utilize new web technologies to find creative solutions for web, social, and mobile apps
- Use your knowledge of interconnected systems to architect applications, and partner with client and 3rd party tech teams to drive projects execution
- Communicate directly with clients, and collaborate with Visual and Experience Designers to execute projects in line with client expectations
Create a project configuration
- Act as a strategic partner to other subsidiaries across a portfolio of clients and engage in every pitch to add Technology as a service
- Help clients plan and implement digital and IT transformation initiatives aligned to product and marketing roadmap
- Design and architect enterprise solutions for clients that both solve both immediate needs and lay groundwork for future growth and innovation in digital
- Guide team members on technology approaches and best practices
- Bring a technology-informed continuous learning culture to the office through internal talks and events
- Hands-on building of solutions and prototypes
- Define and manage project roadmaps to realize business goals and strategies.
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing, and lead product launches.
- Bring know-how and real-world experience to implement an innovative technological solution in the market
- Accomplish all other assignments assigned by the management.
- 3+ years’ experience of working on sales and tech management.
- Significant experience in conducting technological analyses and research to build a strategy
- Good knowledge of current technological trends
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strategic approach
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or other related areas
The deadline is 31st January 2022.