POSITION: Field Distribution Officers (Multiple)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Dodoma, Shinyanga, Kigoma, Mara, Singida
Ubongo is a non-profit social enterprise that creates and distributes fun, localized educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 24.6 million families with Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. One of Ubongo’s goals is to reach an additional 2.5 million kids in 2022 who are unreachable via broadcast.
We are looking for multiple ‘Field Distribution Officers’ as full-time consultants to boost our efforts to reach kids and families with our content in underserved communities (places we don’t reach via TV and radio) within Tanzania.
This role is perfect for someone with a ‘figure-it-out’ attitude. Working in the field requires you to be able to think on your feet. The role will involve travelling across different communities in the region of Tanzania you work in to distribute Ubongo Toolkits via USBs, CDs, printables and other technologies used by the local community. The ideal candidate will be someone with great communication and people skills who can connect with different groups of people like parents, local shopkeepers, religious leaders, community radio station owners, and kids. Meeting with all these people also means that you will be our ambassador!
Distribute content to off-grid communities
- Acquire any government permits required to distribute the content
- Visit various centres to share Ubongo content via USBs, CDs, printables etc.
- Continuously be on the lookout for new ways to reach the most underserved kids
- Gather and share lessons from the field with regard to what does and doesn’t work when sharing content with off-grid communities
- Document lessons daily and share feedback monthly
- Maintain a complete record of areas visited including contacts and medium used to distribute content to get information on how the content is used
- Follow up in person or via phone with all the people with whom the contact is shared
Reach children in underserved communities in Tanzania with Ubongo content
- Visit multiple locations on the ground to distribute Ubongo content area wise
- Create a distribution plan by breaking down geographic and demographic areas to target systematically
- Identify places (app installation stalls/local cinemas/any other relevant locations) and ‘supply chains’ where content can be shared
- Travel across the region of Tanzania you are located in to figure out distribution channels and build networks and partnerships to distribute the content to kids