Job title: Capacity Development Specialist – Tanzania Malaria Case Management and Surveillance
Job Identification: 101343
Job Schedule: Full time
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Capacity Developent Specialist will oversee the capacity development of local organizations. The Capacity Development Specialist will manage, monitor, and coordinate organizational capacity assistance to the partners for the achievement of activity objectives, including the development and facilitation of capacity assessment tools, the development of partner implementation plans, the design and implementation of capacity development strategies and interventions, and monitoring of progress against indicators and milestones.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- In collaboration with NMCP, ZAMEP, and local partners, lead strategy development for and implementation of local partner capacity strengthening. Design tailored capacity strengthening strategies based on each partner’s assets, scope, and goals that are comprehensive of technical, financial, organizational, and data management capacity strengthening.
- Develop capacity assessment tools with clear milestones and in line with existing USAID tools (e.g., Organizational Capacity Assessment and Organizational Performance Index).
- Work closely with the MEL Director to identify and monitor progress against capacity development indicators.
- Oversee implementation of local partner capacity development plans, ensuring that malaria case management and surveillance activities are ready to be transitioned to local partners as appropriate.
- Communicate closely with NMCP and ZAMEP on capacity development goals, milestones, and progress.
- Contribute to work plan development and project reporting.
- Document and disseminate project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, and conferences.
- Lead and supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or its international equivalent) in international development, program management, business or other relevant field from an accredited university. Masters Preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in capacity development, with a focus on institutional strengthening/organizational development of non-governmental organizations and/or government partners.
- Familiarity/experience with USAID’s Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) and/or Organizational Performance Index (OPI) tools and/or USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) approach.
- Proven understanding of adult learning and participatory training methodologies as well as strong training, facilitation, coaching and/or mentorship skills.
- Language: The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Preference is for Tanzanian nationals