African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
To ensure the driving of the workforce around the site and town component as directed by immediate supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors by maintaining compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations, policies & procedures.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Conduct vehicle prestart daily.
- Drive vehicle assigned in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drive vehicle to the conditions and environment.
- Obey all road rules at the mine site and on public roads.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Willing to assist in other areas when required as directed by supervisor.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an equivalent position..
- High level of awareness and understanding of local driving conditions and rules.
- Previous experience in mining or heavy industry is preferable.
- Experience driving large coaster buses.
- Must have valid Tanzania C,C1,C2,C3,D, E class Driver’s License.
- Basic First Aid.
- Completed secondary school.
- Advanced driving course.
- Written and verbal English.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 16th February 2022,18hr00.