Application Deadline: 2022-01-28
Job Title: Head of Information Technology
Company: BRAC ORGANISATION
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organisations having extensive development programmes globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost
effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the number1 NGO in the world for the last five years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self motivated individual to fill up the position.
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Working with other members of the executive management team, contribute significantly to the development of BTFL business strategy. Provide strategic and planning input and monitor how BTFL operations can be improved to leverage technology innovations, increase critical business drivers and achieve business objectives such as minimize costs, increase outreach, and maximize uptime and data security.
- Develop BTFL IT strategy and ensure alignment with the overall BTFL business and BI strategies
- Co-ordinate and oversee key IT components of business project implementations – banking system rollouts/upgrades and digital financial services channel (e.g. mobile money, DFA) implementations.
- Effectively manage projects from start to finish including needs assessment/evaluation, scope of work creation, contract negotiation, and delivery of consultancies, review and approval of deliverables and invoices, and project closure.
- Maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to Board, Executive Management, and employees
Management of the IT Function
- Ensure operational integrity of all IT infrastructure (software and hardware)
- Participate in various Board and Management Committees as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversee the delivery, installation and proper configuration of all new IT infrastructure and upgrades
- Build and present strong business cases for all significant IT investments
- Oversee the documentation and application of sound and up-to-date IT principles and ensure compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure security and compliance requirements are built into all systems to minimize fraud and enhance information security
Performance Management & Capacity Building.
- Set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements
- Set, monitor and evaluate the performance of all IT staff against agreed performance standards.
- Ensure regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding IT services and takes corrective action.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality service standards to internal and external clients on issues related to IT.
- Participate in new product development initiatives to ensure appropriate IT skills exist to provide technical support
- Work with HR in establishing an effective and efficient team with the capability to manage and carry out IT roles.
- Working with HR, identify skill gaps and organize IT training for BTFL staff
Technology Risk Management
- Develop and maintain a framework for managing BTFL’s cyber and information security risks
- Develop, enforce, monitor, and document housekeeping and security policies and procedures for all technology systems for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
- Responsible for ensuring existence of effective IT disaster recovery plans, monitor and enforce regular testing of DR plans
- Provide effective vendor management to ensure value for money in all IT related transactions
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchases and provides ongoing support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power. • Develop and maintain an effective change management policy and procedure
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor degree in Computer science, Computer Studies, Engineering or any related field.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience in management of IT within a financial institution (preferably banking) or professional service firms
- At least five (5) years managing core banking (preferably Temenos) and alternate delivery channel systems in a cyber-secured environment.
- Demonstrates progressive information technology management and leadership roles
- Experience managing interdisciplinary teams and working in multi-cultural organizations
- Business and technical skills in key technology functional areas such as delivery channels, application development, communications technology, financial services technology.
- Passion for, knowledge and understanding of new technologies and digital delivery channels
- Ability to delegate effectively amongst teams and show commitment to the long term development of team members through coaching, mentoring, and the creation of development opportunities
- Proven ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Disposition to share IT knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the company
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Head of IT”.
Application deadline is 28.01. 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of Exploitation, discrimination and harassment at work place.