Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mining Foreman to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Superintendent
Work Schedule: Forty Two (42) Days On / Twenty One (21) Days Off
- Heavily involved with Technical Services Department to facilitate the development of accurate plans and ensure timely development of schedules.
- Manage the planning and coordination of all activities and manning in the underground mining operation on a daily, weekly, monthly outlook.
- Provide leadership, supervision, skills training and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual Progress and Development Plans.
- Actively foster two-way communication, teamwork among employees within the Operational Departments and encourage interdepartmental cooperation to achieve company objectives.
- Provide the leadership and motivation necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to all policies, standards and procedures during the execution of their duties.
- Ensure all areas of the operational department are conducting themselves in line with the company policies and ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Create a working environment that ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programmes.
- Execute the implementation of localization plans and performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and behaviour through effective knowledge and skills development
- Thorough knowledge of modern trackless mechanised mining production and development methodologies ensuring industry best practice is implemented and maintained.
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites.
- Exposure to deep, narrow vein gold mining practices.
- Ordinary secondary education;
- Artisan Trade Certificate;
- Valid driving license.
- At least 10 years of experience in underground hard rock mining covering all aspects of modern trackless mechanised mining and supervision.
- Experience in multiple mining regions, and mining methodologies.
- Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both report writing and verbal;
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment; and
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd December 2021
|BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|