Career Opportunities: IT Support Officer
(1 year contract)
Reporting line- Manager; Service Delivery
IT Support Officer will be responsible for managing incidents and requests raised by users through ticketing tools, calls and emails as well as monitoring systems and infrastructure and following up on any incident that emerged from detected system abnormality.
- Effectively manage Digital Channels systems administration such as Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Agent Banking and SMS services.
- Monitoring, integrations and providing 1st level support to internal customers for all digital channels systems.
- Provide 24 hours on-call support and supervise day-to-day support of these systems.
- Review updates, test and implement changes and/or enhancements in compliance with the change management Policy.
- Participating in integration testing projects with third parties.
- Responsible for initial tickets, email assessment, assignment to L2 engineers, prioritization and follow up for resolution of all the issues raised to ICT by internal and external customers, third parties and partners.
- Perform service requests in relation to Access Management tasks (creation of new user IDs, assigning access rights to users, resetting users’ passwords, activating user IDs, disabling user IDs, etc) in accordance with relevant Access Management processes in line with SLAs.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of technology systems including Servers, Network Infrastructure, Applications, Databases, ATMs, POS as well Data Center environments using the available monitoring tools.
- Provide timely response to all incidents, outages, and performance alerts. Categorize issues for escalation to appropriate technical teams and stakeholders (internal and external) with respect to service performance and availability, including Branches, Business units, Aggregators, MNOs, and third parties, who are linked to the Bank’s payment systems among others.
- Work with internal and external technical and service teams to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Monitor and provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports on components and services availability, capacity, and performance metrics, including trends analysis.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 1-year of experience working in ICT environment.
- Basic knowledge in Networking (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Basic Knowledge of databases and programming.
- Experience in system testing and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL.