Career Opportunities: Relationship Manager- Insurance (Zanzibar) (1042)
Reporting line- Zonal Business Development Manager
To generate insurance business from the targeted market as per the company strategy. The responsibilities include new business generation, retention, upsell, cross-sell, diversification of portfolio, client servicing, technical support to branches, leading meetings in the area assigned, client servicing, implementation of management directives and implementation of supervisor initiatives.
- Develop and implement business development and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with various functional departments to maximize the effectiveness of developed products while maintaining compliance across product lines.
- Creating and maintaining critical data on customer profiles and target markets.
- Develop a monthly activity plan to implement the strategy developed to ensure desired targets are achieved.
- Oversee the process of bidding the tenders and after-sale services to corporate clients.
- Conducting renewal meetings with clients and binding renewals prior cover expiry as per the company retention strategy etc.
- Analyze clients’ assets registers and information depicting from the register for underwriting uses.
- Ensure the business is timely and properly booked in the company system.
- Close follow-up on premium payment and seeking final placement instructions from the clients.
- Ensure risk placement to underwriters after soliciting terms and analysis.
- Produce monthly & quarterly reports on sales and marketing performance against budgets, competition and market conditions.
- Analyze client’s assets registers and information depicting from the register for underwriting uses.
- Gather information from clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Arrange specialized types of insurance cover in complex cases; this may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and surveyors and negotiating with insurers.
- Advise clients on risk management and help to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example, by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in.
- Marketing for the organization, retaining existing clients, upselling, cross-selling and diversification of portfolio.
- Developing relationships with underwriters, surveyors, photographers, structural engineers and other professionals;
- Partner with technical & subject matter experts to develop & regularly enhance product offerings in line with customer expectations and demands.
- Provide training to the team and branches within the span of control for performance improvement.
- Providing technical support to the branches in the provision of insurance products and services, such as quotations, claims, endorsements, etc.
- Participating in the development of digital platforms, UAT and other initiatives by the company.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by the immediate supervisor.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance and Risk Management, Business Administration, Account, Finance or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- Professional Insurance Certification- (CII, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Insurance industry in a Sales position.
- Understanding of Zanzibar Insurance market.
- In-depth knowledge of Insurance products and services.
- Selling and Negotiation Skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relationship Management skills.
Application Deadline: 2022-01-20