Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council is a private Danish humanitarian nonprofit organization, founded in 1956.
Employment band: H
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Team Leader
Direct reports: None
Unit/department: Support Services
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Officer will ensure efficient and effective procurement of supplies, services and works providing value for money and in compliance to best practices as per DRC Supply Chain Operations Handbooks and donor regulations.
- Responsible for execution of procurement activities in in a timely manner achieving value-for money while fully compliant to DRC and relevant donor procurement procedures and regulations.
- Receive PRs once approved in DRC Dynamics, review specifications before issuing RFQs, complete the procure to pay process in Dynamics ERP.
- Raise Purchase Orders and draft contracts with clear specifications on supplies/services/works ordered for and ensure the relevant appendices are referenced to and attached.
- Crosscheck that requestors select the purchase agreements item number for all items under Framework agreement and follow-up tracking on procurement spending under Purchase Agreements and Long-term contracts.Ensure tracking of all service contracts issued by the country programme including lease agreements, security services contracts, internet service and Insurances.
- Work closely with the warehouse unit informing them of the supply pipeline, and ensure requestors verify supplies at delivery time. Follow up on timely delivery of supplies ensuring the items meet approved requestor specifications.
- Support in ensuring adherence to procurement plans by working closely with relevant budget-holders and supply chain Team Leader.
- Participate and support internal and external audits ensuring required information and documents requested are ready for submission to auditors.
- Support in safety related tasks including completion of incident reports, ensure DRC offices and compounds have in place risk mitigation measures for hazards.
- Provide inputs on safety SOPs review and contribute to the updates of the MOSS.
- Excellent liaison, communication and facilitation skill. Engage with relevant authorities for processing of camp entry permits.
- Inventory management of office supplies ensuring required commodities are reordered on time for both office and Camps compounds.
- Compound and guest house maintenance; check on required compound repairs and supervise the fixing including at DRC compounds in the Camps.
- Observe the DRC Code of Conduct and DRC’s Anti-Corruption Policy and ensure any potential conflicts of interest are promptly raised and reported.
- Filing and archiving of documents on Sharepoint following proper file naming protocol.
Weekly PR/PO Tracker status report
Inventory report for Office and Compound supplies.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in procurement and logistics function in a busy work environment with an INGO.
- Familiar with donor procurement guidelines; UN Agencies, DANIDA, FCDO, USAID, ECHO.
- Strong work ethic with high integrity and transparency
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Strong skills and experience in using ERP system.
- Strong communication and feedback skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
English (Fluent, written and spoken)
Swahili (Fluent, written and spoken)
- DRC Staff
- Suppliers/Service Providers
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
Core competenciesBasic Advanced Expert
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating integrity
Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.