Position/Employment type: Finance Director, Tanzania / Full time Employee
GardaWorld Security Services Middle East and Africa (SS-MEA), Tanzania / direct reporting line to Finance Director, East Africa with dotted reporting line to MD Tanzania.
Place of work/Travel:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with some travel to where the company has operations and to head office in Dubai, UAE. GardaWorld also have office locations in London, Washington DC, Belgium, Montreal and Florida that may need occasional visits.
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Company-wide with a focus on Tanzania business. Main cooperation with Finance, HR, Legal and other business unit heads and heads of support functions / departments.
Externally: Local and International: banks, suppliers, clients, auditors, legal advisors, Government
officials, Tanzania Revenue Authority
The Finance Director, Tanzania will provide leadership and coordination of financial and fiscal planning, treasury, and budget management functions for the Tanzanian business and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Reporting to the Finance Director, East Africa the incumbent is responsible for maintaining consistent accounting standards through the following responsibilities for the Tanzania business unit:
- Ensure compliance with all financial statutory reporting requirements;
- Effectively lead the Tanzania finance team in a pro-active manner, ensuring daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are finalized according to parent company instructions and deadlines.
- Implementing and maintaining the CoA as well as P&L and Balance Sheet formats;
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget and forecast, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information;
- Preparation, analysis and reconciliation of monthly books of accounts and GL, including audit file, as well as confirming intercompany balances and recharge allocations;
- Manage bank accounts (opening / closing, new deposits, transfers etc.) and analyse weekly cash flow reports;
- Prepare consolidated monthly and ad hoc reports for the Tanzania business, to be sent to the Finance Director, East Africa.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual and quarterly budgets as well as monthly reforecasting;
- Management of Accounts Receivables, implementing effective credit control and collection measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised
- Review and evaluate financial policies and procedures and implement enhancements to maximise control;
- Adhere to all national, state, local and international tax laws. Manage the retention and preparation of tax records, tax returns and other required reports.
- Establish procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities, in order to ensure safekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Tax, IFRS, the Company’s Act, etc.
- Liaise directly with the auditors and prepare information as requested from Parent Company auditors as and when required, also liaise with the Legal department as and when necessary;
- Work closely with the Finance Director, East Africa and assist with any ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsible for payroll.
As delegated and directed by Finance Director, East Africa and/or MD, Tanzania and as per
GardaWorld Authority Matrix.
The Finance Director, Tanzania is accountable to the Finance Director, East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Demonstrates detailed financial awareness at senior leadership level, including Africa experience.
- Assist the senior leadership team to produce workable solution to financial issues;
- Provides others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
- Writes and speaks clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including understanding of pivot tables, macro’s, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of other MS Office systems.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
- Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit and loss and added value.
- Manages time effectively.
- A forward planner with clear focus, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Have a high sense of accuracy with strong analytical ability.
- Business acumen, strategic thinker with ability to make sound decisions for the business.
- Works in an ethical manner, is systematic, methodical and orderly.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes.
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Understanding of the key relationship between contract management, rostering systems then payroll and billing i.e., manpower and revenue assurance.
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification is a must
- Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role in a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in presenting the results of financial analysis to management.
GardaWorld: Make the world a safer place
GardaWorld is a global leader in the security industry, offering a wealth of opportunity to individuals looking to gain experience and develop professionally in a growing industry. We offer flexible schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries, and training and career advancement opportunities. We embrace diversity and welcome newcomers, women, students, retirees, reservists, veterans, and more to join our team, as we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.