Sisal Estate Company in Tanga region is looking for an Assistant Accountant who will be able to work and reside in the farm environment
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily administration of financial and accounting practices of the farm.
- Perform accounting duties as directed including budgeting and costing control.
- Responsible for costing of production.
- Responsible for preparing, and verifying payroll of the farm for middle and end of every month
- Assist management in preparing documentation for budgeting and financial reporting procedures
- Analyse and report on project and product costing, with recommendations for improvements
- Ensure the compliance of all accounting matters in accordance with requirements from head office
- Interpret the statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of cost, budgets, and policies of operation, trends, and increased profit possibilities
- Maintain general ledger
- Develop accounting and financial management systems and reports
- Analyse and interpret monthly operating or project performance against budget
- Budget compilation and control, with analysis of monthly reports against budgets
- General improvement of accounting system on the farm.
- Performance of VAT reconciliations
- Minimum Qualifications: Diploma/Degree in related field.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to build strong relationship
- Fluency in English
- 1 year experience in accounting environment
- Independent worker with little need for supervision
- Acquaintance to farm life is a bonus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Ms Excel and general computer
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter and CV by email to email@example.com one week from the advertised day.
Certificates and other relevant documents will only be required during the interview. Application letter should explain why you are fit for this position.