Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing, and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training, and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to take the Research Officer’s in the Ebola Vaccine Trial (EBL08).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and screen potential study participants based on study eligibility criteria.
- Recruit, follow-up, and provide clinical care to all study participants in a clinical trial as per study protocol, and coordinate tracing of participants in case of missed visits.
- Evaluate and report safety reports, protocol deviations, and any other protocol-specific reports.
- Ensure protocol compliance and protection of the participant rights and their wellbeing.
- Participate in sensitization, analysis, and interpretation of results, and dissemination of results to the volunteers and community at large.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of good clinical practice guidelines (i.e., GCP, ICH), and compliance issues.
- Coordinate clinical activities in close supervision with the study PI to ensure that the study-specific SOPs are complete and are updated regularly.
- Ensure all study-related forms are properly and accurately filled and data is entered daily in electronic data capturing tools.
- Respond to queries, concerns, and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator or a trial monitor.
- Ensure that participants’ privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Support the PI in the writing of clinical and progress study reports, and manuscript preparation including writing own case reports or manuscripts.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and actively participate in all study meetings.
- Maintain a close professional relationship with government officials in the study area.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity.
- Participate in the development of concept notes and grant writing activities within the department.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the PI or Co-PI
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Medicine
- Experience working on clinical trials research including coordination of recruitment
Skills and Competencies
- GCP qualifications
- Excellent computer skills including Ms. Office tools i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Proven ability to be meticulous with details.
- Proven ability to multi-task, maintain confidentiality, and remain focused in a fast-paced environment
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the workplace and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers, and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 on 14/12/2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH OFFICER – EBL08 STUDY]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania