- time type: Full time
- posted on 10-10-2022
- Job Id : R-15938055
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Drive overall strategic direction of the securities custody business to ensure that the annual revenue targets are met. Drive NBC’s market reputation at the relevant market forums by actively participating and driving market development and client requirements
- Responsible for developing and executing product development strategies in line with the overarching strategy for the Business Unit, and changes in regulations and market practices.
- Responsible for the continuous supervision of processing and execution of all securities settlement transactions in the business.
- Scan the markets for client acquisition opportunities in line with overall Business Unit strategies and market developments.
- Lead and evaluate the performance of individual direct reports based on business development and revenue targets
- Ensures that the daily transactions and activities conform to the set business goals and objectives.
- Keeps well abreast of the market movements, and report findings to the Director, Corporate Banking
- Provide ongoing advice and direction to the operational environments managed by the role in terms of the areas of focus, opportunities, key targets and relative policies, legislative and regulatory environments
- Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships within the industry and within the Bank to ensure the unit is successfully positioned to manage risks and expectations and deliver on shareholder value
- Represent Custody and participate and contribute to industry and Bank wide forums and governance structures as required or directed
Drive Business Performance
- Implement performance controls to proactively measure achievement against strategic targets and address changes or non-performance
- Responsible for leading quality sales pitches, managing of pipeline and ensuring conversion of the same
- Actively participate in all internal client reviews from a service perspective provided by areas under responsibility through a process of formalized service review (including questionnaires, production reporting, loss event reporting, etc)
- Drive the proactive negotiation of service level contracts with business unit heads and clients with a continued focus on improved performance, reduction in turnaround times and reduced cost
- Continuously monitor service levels and implement strategic measures to improve customer satisfaction and overall profitability
- Implement governance structures and stakeholder frameworks to ensure effective customer management and engagement
- Ensure rigorous cost management within the Custody unit by implementing a highly structured budget, monitoring and reporting process and instilling discipline within the team around cost control
- Create a high-performance culture and ensuring effective working relationships within the team
- Coaching and developing to embed a culture of excellence and expertise that the business recognizes and acknowledges in their day-to-day dealings with the team.
- Ensure team members are kept fully informed through a process of two-way communication, which encourages active participation in the running and ongoing improvement of team performance.
- Proactively managing the day-to-day operation of the direct reports driving out inefficiency, maximising productivity, and managing change, planning, and scheduling activity.
- Use Performance Management to assist in agreeing individual and team targets, leading, monitoring, and motivating staff regularly during staff reviews in order to encourage, recognize and reward each individual
- Manage and retain key stakeholder relationships and focus on building strategic relationships with key decision-makers
- Participate fully in your Performance Development, continue to proactively develop yourself and undertake relevant training (including sales process, product, industry, etc).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific segment knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Seek, share, and embed best practices both locally and regionally
Risk and Compliance
- Identify and take accountability for the assigned principal risks relevant to the Coverage Business areas in terms of the Bank Enterprise Risk Management framework and ensure that adequate controls are in place within the role’s area of responsibility.
- Monitor all business risk activities (including business assurance and operational risk management) within the remit of this operating environment through obtaining feedback and providing guidance for tactical plans to ensure compliance to Country and Group standards
- Drive a culture of proactive compliance and risk management within the Coverage Business teams
- Responsible for the KYC/AML risk of the assigned business unit inter alia: new and existing relationships, KYC at onboarding and periodic refresh on all clients within the unit
- Review the risk management and compliance practices of the Custody Business Units as a whole and highlight areas that require improvement to Business Heads in the Coverage team. Ensure that they understand their responsibility for risk ownership
- On a quarterly basis, evaluate of the status of Operational and Principle Risks within the Coverage Business Units and complete the required attestations to confirm control status Mandatory Risk and Control objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications – Banking, Decisiveness (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Entrepreneurial thinking (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Investment Management (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)