NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Job title: Finance Manager
To deliver robust financial management and standardized general ledger accounting and maintenance processes through enhanced financial control environment within the Bank.
To prepare financial reports for the bank for submission to the Management and Group
Work with tax manager, to deliver and ensure statutory tax compliance for NBC and provide tax advice where appropriate.
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of tax related activities and processes in order to deliver operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
Overall Job Purpose
- To deliver robust financial management and standardized general ledger accounting and maintenance processes through enhanced financial control environment within the Bank.
- To prepare financial reports for the bank for submission to the Management and Group
- Work with tax manager, to deliver and ensure statutory tax compliance for NBC and provide tax advice where appropriate.
- To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of tax related activities and processes in order to deliver operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure accounting entries are accounted for in line with International Accounting and Reporting Standards.
- Provide advice on accounting treatment of new products and structures, and follow up all outstanding inter-company reconciliation/eliminations items
- Ensure proper monitoring and reconciliation of recharges.
- Ensure zero overdue audit issues and failed issues assurance
- Deliver improved governance through risk management, controls and compliance
- Ensure Bank reputation with external stakeholders such as regulators, auditors and tax is protected
- Ensure proper accounting for all taxes and prepare regular updates to management and board
- Attend to all TRA tax audits and investigations
- Manage periodic reconciliation of accounts and resolution of audit queries.
- Perform robust review, challenge and comparison of all financial numbers to expectations.
- Obtain relevant financial data from the Flexcube system.
- Prepare pertinent and financial reports and analysis for review by Financial Controller
- Collation of commentary and explanations on significant trends and movements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for FC and Chief Financial Officer’s approval.
- Establish all sources of revenue in the bank and ensure that they are properly prepared by randomly tracking the accounts to assess if the necessary information is captured correctly.
- Manage all month-end revenues accounting; both manual and system generated revenues and ensure that the revenues are recorded from the point of origination to the trial balance.
- Recognize revenue accurately and establish revenue leakage by ensuring that the revenue streams pass through the necessary controls until they reach the trial balance without leakage.
- Review and present monthly revenue variance analysis by explaining each variance with reasons / justifications.
- Construct / restructure the revenue reporting process flow to ensure nil error in revenue reporting and no oversight /spike in reporting. Identify weakness in the current methods of reporting, and suggest alternatives that are more efficient.
- Create quarterly and monthly plans to ensure delivery for the year and manage departmental budgets including signing off of invoices and quotes within mandate.
- Escalate out of budgets or items higher than approved mandate to the next level manager and rigorously monitor expenditure against approve budgets and put measures in place to address variances.
- Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost.
- Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements to process owners.
- Participate in the measurement and reporting of internal and external Service Level Agreements on a monthly basis.
- In collaboration with Manager -tax, interpreting annual tax audit reports and preparation of relevant responses.
- Monthly Computation of the tax and filling of tax returns of the bank.
- Preparation of audited financial statements of the bank according to IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- To ensure all taxes, fees and levies are accurate, timely and comply with tax laws in Tanzania.
- Own and drive all International Financial Reporting standards (IFRs) projects. Such as IFRS 16, IFRS 9 etc.
- Strategically plan reporting cycle.
- Interaction with BOT, Internal and External Audit.
- Perfom Impairment recon for Corporate and Retail
- Financials Segmentation
- Reconciliation for OTT Journals and maintenance of register for Audit purposes.
- Strengthen deadlines from group.
- Reconciliation for SAP and Flex GL
- Explanation for the difference on Income Statement and Balance Sheet split.
- Effect of monthly provision and journalising it.
- Ensure house accounts are well prepared. House accounts include a set of recurring assets and liabilities grouped together, for example the bank’s sundry creditors.
- Ensure reconciliation process runs correct and smoothly by obtaining relevant supporting documents.
- TM1 compatible
- Running TM! tables mapping.
Role / Person Specification
Education and Experience Required
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting qualification such as CPA (T) or ACCA or CA
- Seasoned Finance professional with 5+ years’ experience in Finance with, business partnering capabilities and controls & compliance culture.
- Effective communicator, both 1:1 and 1 to many, in verbal and written forms
- Past Demonstration on results achievement and drive change
- Strong analytical skills- ability to absorb and instil simplicity
- Strong MS Excel skills, power points and other Microsoft applications
- Fluent in English
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
- Sound financial skills
- Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
- Strong team-working skills
- Negotiation and presentation skills
Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Financial Sciences, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Ethics and values (Meets all of the requirements), Financial Accounting (Meets all of the requirements), Financial Experience, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets all of the requirements)
Submit your Application before 2022-03-03