- Driving Agri-wholesale growth and value through identification and development of new commercial engagements.
- Manage existing customer relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring customers’ banking needs are addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Marketing Agri-wholesale products, Processing, assessing, and writing of Agri-wholesale credit applications and analysing performance of all agri-loan products in the area of operation against the set budget and ensure quality standards of the agri-loans are complied.
- To develop business cases and proposals that will obtain approval for the delivery of new commercial propositions, renewals, and maintenance of business relationships along the agriculture value chains.
- Actively mobilizing deposits, lending, and cross selling of other bank products (Forex, SWL, Internet Banking, Bancassurance, etc.)
- Take a leading role in driving Agri-wholesale activities, through networking and promoting Agri-wholesale activities with branch network, branch managers in respect to the growth of Agri-wholesale portfolio.
- Work with all other related departments within the bank to implement delivery of good customer experience.
- Work collaboratively with branches and zones to provide guidance and directives that will support identification and maintenance of Agri deals.
- Monitor the development of portfolio on daily basis to make sure the hardcore and challenges are resolved on time in order to maintain PAR and NPL within acceptable levels.
- Monitor the development of Agri-wholesale portfolio on daily basis to make sure the hardcore, excess and arrears challenges are managed on time and resolved.
- Maintain high standards of operational controls including adherence to risk management and compliance guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of agriculture value chains and financing solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of agriculture sector dynamics, seasonality, and related laws in Tanzania.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania.
- Technical skills in structuring Agri business solutions
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Risk management, credit, and strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal and networking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, innovative ability to initiate and lead change.
- Excellent customer relationship management with ambition to provide solutions to customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture and/or Agricultural Economics, Banking, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent fields.
- Minimum of three years’ banking experience, inclusive of roles in credit appraisal and analysis.
Job opening date : 22-Mar-2022
Job closing date : 05-Apr-2022