VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Ltd (VFT MFB) formerly known as SEDA is a fast growing and reputable Micro Finance Bank (MFB), that has a loan book of approximately TZS. 20 billion and more than 30,000 client base, more than5,000 of whom are small holder farmers. VFT-MFB is seeking to employ a dynamic and committed Tanzanian young man or woman who has a passion for people’s economic development to fill in the vacant positions detailed here below;
Work Reference No. 003/22
Position; Head of People and Culture
Reporting to; Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for facilitating all personnel related issues (recruitment, training, talent management & performance management) in accordance with VFT – MFB’s policies
- Heads and supervises People and Culture Department
- Prepares and update manpower plan and succession plan.
- Responsible for recruitment and advising on shortlisted candidates to ensure that the organization has the required quality of staff.
- Prepare P & C budget for Board approval.
- Prepare and update Compensation and Package Scheme.
- Work with the CEO to prepare position matrices for staff and design staff positions and HAY grades in accordance with the organization changes.
- Monitor report and suggest appropriate actions with regards to staff turnover.
- Responsible for P&C/HR manual review.
- Ensure annual staff training plan & budget.
- Develops and reviews staff update/training manuals/modules.
- Coordinates Our Voice survey & reporting, monitor the implementation of the identified gaps.
- Ensure consistent coaching for performance conversations.
- Monitor all employment contracts and ensure timely update of staff contract in accordance to the country labor laws.
- Keep track on all legal issues related to employee’s relations in liaison with Legal Advisor/department and Business Centres/Branch Managers on matters arising from different areas of operations.
- Provide guidance to the P&C whistleblower committee on policies & regulations governing staff disciplinary and other related matters.
- Responsible for Staff Monthly reports and newsletters when due.
- Respond to daily employees’ questions/issues timely and in an appropriate manner.
- Masters/Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources/ Business Administration
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management
- At least 7 years’ experience in a professional HR environment of which 5 must be at Management level
- Understanding and training in the Labour laws in Tanzania
- Experience with and proficiently in using Human Resources Information Systems
- Payroll management and experience in benefits administration is preferred
Special / Personal Abilities
- Highly developed sense of reliability and correctness
- Excellent trainer, facilitator, mentor and coach
- Innovative and analytical
- Very good planning skills
- Proficient in Micro Soft office applications
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Model and demonstrates effective Christian leadership
About our working environment & remuneration.
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank has a calm and harmonious working environment where staffs are highly valued. Good work is recognized and rewarded accordingly and there is an opportunity to grow professionally and spiritually.
Mode of Application:
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should;
- Forward their application letter, attaching certified copies of their academic and professional certificates; detailed CV’s with three referees to vftHRstaff@vftz.co.tz
- Physically send their applications through the postal address below: VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited,
AICC Building, Serengeti Wing, 5th Floor
P.O. Box 1546,
All applications should be addressed to;
The Chief Executive Officer,
VisionFund Tanzania Microfinance Bank Limited
P.O. Box 1546,
- The position should be the subject of the email application.
- The deadline for the application is on 20th March, 2022.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.