Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Date: November 2021
Application Deadline: 2021-12-02
At Azampay, we’re passionate about building products that solve problems. We count on our infrastructure Team to build, maintain and operate our infrastructure with high availability, and stellar performance level. The infrastructure manager will work closely with all areas of Tech to assist in the architecture, design, and build the infrastructure within AzamPay Tech Stack.
The Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in overall infrastructure management to ensure availability, latency, performance, security, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. The position will also work with the products, software and network teams to implement all the projects within the technical department and support multiple systems, applications and integrations being developed.
- Managing day to day monitoring operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Managing virtualization technologies such as VMware, Oracle virtual servers and cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP and Azure services
- Assist managing annual Tech department budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Plan, design and proactively manage, monitor and optimise primary and secondary data centers to ensure High Availability (HA) and resilience across all company systems and services.
- Manage Unified Storage, backups and data integrity across all company systems and services.
- Provide security techniques and expertise to ensure the infrastructure and software services meet specific security standards.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Designing high-level schematics of the infrastructure, tools, and processes needed
- Performing an in-depth analysis of the possible risks and countermeasures for them
- Calculating the potential cost of outages and planning for contingency
- Preparing input for infrastructure/tooling/workflow updates across the organization.
- Work with the network team to monitor infrastructure security, identifying and reporting Real Time attacks and vulnerabilities on the company network.
- Ensure that incidents are correctly reported and documented in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Act as a Technical Escalation Point during security incidents, establishing the extent of an attack, the business impacts, and advising on how best to contain the incident along with advice on systems hardening and mitigation measures to prevent a recurrence.
- Maintain a keen understanding of evolving threats and vulnerabilities to ensure the security of the Azampay network.
- Assuring all Tech activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
Educational Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field of study.
- Relevant cloud computing certifications preferred AWS/Azure/vMware.
- At Least 8 years of experience on Technology Infrastructure Operations and Management
- Experience with infrastructure management like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Expert experience of SIEM, Firewalls
- Expert experience in enterprise system integrations and architecture
- Expert experience with telco systems connectivity and integrations.
- Expert experience in server administration (Linux, Windows Servers, Oracle)
- Strong understanding of Hyper-Converged High availability infrastructure
- Strong experience in Database management systems, programming and scripting abilities across a range of languages e.g. Ruby, Java, Go, Python, NodeJS etc
- Conversant with monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios XI, DataDog, Grafana
- Conversant in MS-Active Directory, MS- Exchange, MS Hyper-V, vSphere and Oracle.
- Good understanding of networking,TCP/IP, HTTP protocol, SOAP and REST
- Understanding of load balancers, application gateways, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls in cloud environment
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Relevant Servers/Networking/Storage Certifications such as JNCIP/CCNP/OCI/MSCE etc
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Familiarity with HashiCorp tools like Terraform, Consul, Packer, or Vault is a plus.
- Familiarity with designing network topologies within the context of cloud providers (aws, azure, gcp).
- Interest in security, authentication and authorization topics
To apply send your resume to email@example.com
Include “Infrastructure Manager” in the subject
In the email explain one problem you faced as an Infrastructure Manager and what you did to solve it.