Specialist: Big Data and Special Project
Role Purpose & Accountabilities
- Co-creating Advanced Machine Learning products that drive revenue, reduce cost and improve CX.
- Developing big data monetization propositions and manage their end-to-end (E2E) execution.
- Delivering actionable insights to support and contribute toward the delivery of CVM objectives and targets.
- Contributing to the wider community to enable an Advanced Machine Learning capability across Vodafone globally
- Identify Analyze and Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support the extraction of data (ETL) from multiple sources.
- E2E go to market execution for big data and special projects propositions.
- Prepare analytics and ML model results to business users.
- Development of machine learning models for various areas of the business on the Big Data Platform.
Core Competencies, Knowledge & Professional Qualifications
Core competencies and knowledge:
- Excellent analytical, logical and casual reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Able to challenge the status quo
Technical/professional qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years of experience in similar big data and data science role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Significant knowledge of customer driven marketing techniques and processes
- Proficiency in Python and associated data Science ecosystem, Machine Learning and Experiments Design.
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.