The LATRA Consumer Consultative Council was established by Section 29 of the LATRA Act No. 3 of 2019. The Council’s mandate is to protect and represent the interests of consumers of LATRA’s regulated goods and services.
As provided in the above-mentioned Act, the Minister for Transport is vested with powers to appoint the Council Members from among the qualified Stakeholders/Land Transport services Consumers.
In facilitation of the said appointment, the Permanent Secretary invites qualified Tanzanians to fill two (2) vacancies of the Members of the Council as mentioned hereunder.
JOB TITTLE: Members Of The LATRA Consumer Consultative Council (Two Vacancies)
FUNCTIONS OF THE COUNCIL MEMBERS
Being the Member of the Council, the appointed person shall actively participate in the implementation of the functions of the Council as stipulated in Section 31 of the LATRA Act which include:-
- To represent the interest of consumers by making submissions to providing views and information to and consulting with LATRA, Minister and sector Ministers;
- Receive and disseminate information and views on matters of interests to consumers of regulated goods and services;
- Establish regional and sector consumer committees and consult with them;
- To conduct research on the matters affecting interest of consumers of regulated sector.
In appointing the Council Members, due regard shall be given to persons who have completed Form Four/Six with Degree/ Advanced Diploma Certificate and knowledge/ understanding of the interests of consumers and that of LATRA regulated services including the interests of: –
- Low income, rural and disadvantaged persons;
- Industrial and business users;
(a) Government and community organizations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications must be accompanied with copies of academic certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), one recent passport size photograph, names and contact details of three (3) referees including their addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail.
All applications should be addressed to:-
Ministry of Works and Transport (Transport Sector),
Government City Mtumba,