Job Title: Head of Security
Dar es Salaam
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services (TICTS), located at Dar es Salaam, is the country’s largest container terminal. The Port of Dar es Salaam handles more than 85 percent of Tanzania’s trade and is a vital gateway not just to Tanzania, but also to Eastern, Central and Southern Africa. The port is strengthening its role as the county’s maritime gateway, investing in modern IT systems and mobile equipment while constantly improving its productivity levels, efficiency and customer service.
Tanzania International Container Terminal Service (TICTS) is a member of Hutchison Ports, the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). Hutchison Ports is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator with a network of port operations in 52 ports spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, Hutchison Port has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centres, rail services and ship repair facilities.
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified, motivated individuals to fill position of Head of Security for TICTS Terminal.
About TICTS Assets & Security
TICTS in Tanzania has operations at 3 locations. Main one is Container Terminal at the Port of Dar-es- Salaam, second location is Inland Container Depot and Town office. TICTS operates 24/7 with over 1500 personnel working at the 3 locations that includes employees and contractors. TICTS handles around 700,000 containers (imports & exports) annually that includes local and transit cargo to land linked countries. TICTS owns over 25 Gantry Cranes (SSG & RTGCS), and over 40 Terminal Tractors operating within the terminal.
TICTS has outsourced security services to a private company who have deployed around 170 security personnel (guards) in TICTS. TICTS monitors CCTV control room with around 100 CCTV cameras around the terminal. There is 24/7 surveillance and roving and/or canine patrols deployed along the perimeter and berth extremities. TICTS follows International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code compliance. Access to TICTS is closely monitored considering the value of cargo handled for local and neighboring countries. The external security perimeter is composed of a metal sheet fence reinforced with heavy gauge mesh topped with barbed and razor wire. TICTS terminal is approximately 167,294 sqm in size while its inland container depot is approximately 96,775sqm.
Overall Purpose of Job;
Generally, the Head of Security is responsible for ensuring overall security of physical assets, cargo, security of vessels berthing at TICTS, employees, contractors and other port users.
In summary, Head of security is responsible for;
- Monitoring the security operations and any potential security risk and threat
- Implement security policies, regulations, rules, and norms.
- Develop and implement strategic security protocols and procedures.
- Ensure the environment is safe for employers and visitors.
- Provide strategic vision and direction in security aspects of an organization.
- Proactively monitor CCTV and control room operations to detect any breach of security and react promptly to mitigate.
- Keep records and provide documentary evidence in form of CCTV to defend company against potential claims from security or safety incidence.
- Creating emergency response procedures.
- Conducting security evaluations.
- Oversee the security contracted vendor on their level of service in terms of maiming, deployment and capability of its employees.
Qualification and skills level;
This occupation has a level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with TICTS working standards. The following are the minimum requirements;
Applicants should possess;
- Minimum of Ten (10) years working experience Head of Security or similar position at Port, Container Depot, Mining, Large Sized Factory.
- Degree in any field and certification in Port Facility Security Officer
- Certification in Health & Safety, Security & Risk Management is added advantage.
- Having good knowledge of security environments and hazards.
- Highest level of integrity and ethics compliance.
- Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience and knowledge on Health & Safety protocols is added advantage.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply in the strictest confidence to the address below enclosing:
- A detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of certificates.
- Three referees who will not be contacted without your consent.
Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Ltd
P.O. Box 71442, Dar es Salaam
Application deadline is 15 June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.