Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide inputs to the development and implementation of the ICT annual work plan;
- Provide IT support in the use of Atlas (UN Women’s implementation of PeopleSoft ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services.
- Provide technical support to the installation and maintenance of all communication systems including mobile and satellite phones;
- Provide technical support to the installation commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades, anti-virus programmes;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
- Monitor file server traffic, usage, and performance on a regular basis.
- Configure network printers and provide user access as required;
- Trouble-shoot and monitor network problems; respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Maintain backup logs; organize off-site storage of backups;
- Maintain measures for business continuity and disaster recovery processes and procedures including backup and restoration of both server and local storage facilities;
- Provide technical support to Local Area Network (LAN) management in accordance with UN Women requirements.
- Maintain the Country Office web site and intranet.
- Maintain inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; prepare statistical charts, tables, and reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
- Diagnose, evaluate, and prioritize requests for assistance from staff in Country Office experiencing problems with hardware, application software, operating systems, networking and other computer related issues;
- Set up new email accounts for Country Office staff;
- Liaise with ICT staff in HQ for support and guidance;
- Meet all ICT on-boarding requirements for new staff.
- Contribute to the organization of trainings for the Country Office staff on ICT issues;
- Maintain library of reference materials;
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in ICT.
Key Performance Indicators
- Well maintained and serviced hardware and software
- Quality support and advice to clients
- Timely web maintenance
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and virus protection systems;
- Good PC hardware troubleshooting skills;
- Good knowledge of video conferencing and telecommunication;
- Good knowledge of database packages;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is an asset;
- Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required. If certification is not available at the time of recruitment, it should be obtained within 6 months
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and use of hardware/software, telecommunications facilities
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications willbe treated in the strictest confidence.