Uwezo Tanzania is a registered independent NGO under NGO Act No. 24 of 2002 with registration number 00NGO/R/09001. Uwezo meaning “capability” in Swahili, was as a nation-wide citizen led learning assessment initiative by Twaweza East Africa since 2009 in Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. Uwezo’s main function has been to generate data and curate evidence on actual literacy and numeracy competency levels among children aged 6-16 years in a manner that informs the public, stimulates countrywide debate, and creates pressure for policy change from the bottom-up. Uwezo has also used the assessment evidence to experiment and conduct innovative interventions that demonstrate what works to improve learning outcomes especially on literacy and numeracy skill.
Where are we located?
We are at 85k Suites, Kinondoni Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, for more information visit our website, www.uwezotanzania.or.tz
It Intern -Job description
- Training on IT and other relevant fields at Diploma or Bachelor degree (or equivalent) level and above
- Background and experience in IT and General computer knowledge and skills and computer maintenance
- Background in administration, front desk management, and Finance is an added advantage
- Have Credible Computer skills, Data base management, procurement & IT skills,
- Experience on some research studies, Report writing skills is desirable
- Flexibility to cope in a new situation, confidence and creative thinking
- Good English and Swahili speaking and writing skills.
General tasks: Support Uwezo Tanzania activities as guided by the responsible officer and the Executive Director while being proactive to learn for professional development.
- Manage miscellaneous IT/help desk tasks.
- Manage IT inventory i.e laptops, desktops, phone etc
- Support PC hardware components, desktop and operating system software and application software (Microsoft Office 2013,2016)
- Monitoring help desk support requests.
- Provide additional support setting up video and audio equipment for meetings.
- Providing end-user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Support on administration activities as guided by Executive Assistant to the Director
- Support on reviewing retirement reports and other documents and reports from Uwezo Partners/ Clients etc
- Support to update Uwezo partners’ database and maintain updated filing system both in hardcopies and soft copy systems.
- Provide clerical assistance at the front desk and Logistics preparation for meetings and trainings
- Participate in relevant Uwezo training and Assist in field activities and use the opportunity for learning to enhance professional skills
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Executive Director or HR officer.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae(CV) through email@example.com
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application for this position is 5th July, 2021.Only successfully applicants will be contacted.