The EACOP Project (East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline Project) is an EPcmC. 1,500km pipeline project across Uganda and Tanzania, with a Main Storage Terminal and Jetty in Tanzania.
Job Description Overview
The Construction QC Supervisor will report functionally to the Construction Quality Manager and on a day-to-day basis to the nominated Delivery Manager.
Lead a Team Of QC Advisors In
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Performing EPcmC surveillance and monitoring of construction work
- Performing / witnessing quality inspections
- Ensuring ITP’s and referenced procedures are adhered to
- Validation of COMPANY CONTRACTOR test results
- Signing off on relevant intervention points on ITP’s
- Liaising with relevant Quality Leads on status / progress / non-conforming actions / – tests / – materials
- Filing relevant records and compiling daily reports
- Facilitating the COMPANY CONTRACTOR’s management of any detected nonconformance
- Overseeing the progressive compilation of Mechanical Completion Dossiers
Leading The Team Will Include
- Co-ordinating with the COMPANY CONTRACTOR(s) performing the work
- Planning EPcmC surveillance activities
- Confirming the competence of available QC Advisors
- Updating the planned mobilisation dates for QC Advisors to join his or her team
- Nominating Advisors to conduct specific EPcmC surveillance activities
- Resolving obstructions to Advisors completing EPcmC surveillance activities
- Reviewing the reports of EPcmC surveillance activities
- Managing the resolution of any Major NCRs raised by COMPANY CONTRACTOR or EPcmC
- Coordinates with EPCM / VENDOR QC, Construction CONTRACTORS for Quality issues.
- Supports Lead Inspectors with Technical and Liaison with CLIENT, supports Construction Quality Manager.
- Manages Lead Inspectors and other personnel.
- Supports all Construction activities with technical support, close liaison with CLIENT and EPCM Spread Managers, attends meetings and chairs Quality meetings,
- Interfaces with London Project QA/QC Manager and Engineering.
- Interfaces with EPCM / VENDOR QC Inspector and TPI agencies.