Responsible for measuring and evaluating card business performance and advising the Head; Card Business on the best approach to maximize profit. Lead the team for managing and growing the portfolio of debit/credit cards through effective customer acquisition and product development strategies.
- Formulate and implement practical business strategies and programs to grow the profitability of debit/credit cards and achieve the assigned business targets.
- Manage card centre and distribution process to branches as per SLA, with better stock management and ensuring customers collect cards within allowable TAT.
- Ensure good relationship maintenance with Branches and Call Centre while providing outstanding customer services experience to Card Business Related products through efficient, well trained and customer-focused staff.
- Provide insightful analysis via market research and customer behaviours to facilitate effective recommendations for product enhancement to increase market competitiveness.
- Schedule for knowledge dissemination on Card products and act as a central point for feedback collection to ensure quality service delivery.
- Maximize the cross-selling opportunities to raise the card penetration in banking customers via various product bundling and joint promotion programs.
- Create and implement well-orchestrated action plans, including engagement with regulators. Knowledge of all regulatory changes and operational environment and assures compliance with current regulations.
- Prepare monthly card business reports showing trends and performance and generate management information systems reports on system performance, designing different performance reports and making them available for decision-making.
- Perform card business risk review on all card business activities and processes and implement proper controls and mitigation to the identified risks.
- Manage card production process and services teams to ensure branches, call centre and customers are supported in an efficient and timely manner to a high standard.
- Manage information flows to and from other areas of the bank to resolve Customer queries related to Card Business system misbehaviours/outages and make the necessary follow up to ensure the service is restored, including escalation to high authorities.
- Participate in developing underlying processes, systems, and reports to enable continuous improvement in efficiency and excellence of card production process while complying with VISA, MasterCard, and Bank regulations and policies.
- Ensure up-to-date development for ongoing training to all members of the Card Business teams to ensure suitable skillset and personal development.
- Develop budgets to ensure cost containment.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team with a focus on critical roles;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head Card Business.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Information Technology or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in card Issuing role, of which 4 years experience in card sales and services covering product development.
- Card business knowledge obtained from VISA, MasterCard or other international card schemes.