JOB TITLE: Application Support Specialist
- locations:Head Office NBC
- job requisition id: R-15928537
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
• Responsible for Core Banking Systems and Peripheral Applications technical support, issue/incident resolution and daily maintenance on a spectrum of business logic in line with operational requirement.
• Analyzing and establishing the root causes of application errors/failures.
• Monitoring Systems availability and reliability to ensure Technology effectively meets the service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
• Engage in supporting Business strategic projects requirements and deliverables within expected timelines with highest standards of Customer service.
• Supporting innovation & digitization of payments processes to uphold convenience and risk free processing.Job Description
- Providing technical support to teams within the organization, and to external clients when required, troubleshoot to restore application use in the event of a failure
- Support and troubleshoot software, typically working with both end users and developers.
- Responding to technical problems that occur abruptly and require immediate solutions, identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Providing necessary technical support relating to various applications, system-level software, compilers, and other general computing applications.
- Determine availability requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications.
- Optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging procedures.
- Analyze software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
- Ensuring effective front end and back end functionality of applications.
- Translate customer needs and requirements into application solutions.
- Drive innovation related to Application within the bank for the purpose of improving efficiency and productivity in order to achieve revenue targets.
- Define the key targets of availability required for the applications and their components that underpin a new or enhanced IT application as the basis for an SLA agreement
- Maintain an awareness of technology best practices that support application availability
- Perform end of day/ month batch run for core banking applications
- Involvement in delivering key Projects requirements successfully within expectations
- Multi-tasking and building capacity in effectively managing all available Core Banking systems and peripheral Applications
- Support UAT testing challenges related to Applications for new projects or enhancements and perform sanity testing
- Creation of new products in core banking Application that are related to new projects or business requirement as per current market or customers need.
- Perform periodic reviews and tests of established Business Continuity Plans and procedures, reporting findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed
- The ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- Work with developers and application owners to implement the change & document it
- Troubleshooting and providing solutions for production issues raise by either end user
- Run EOD/EOM/EOY batches by the time primary data centre will be moved in country
- Manage Oracle and SQL Databases.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronic & Telecommunications or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL Databases certification will be of added advantage
- At least 3 years’ hands on experience working with Oracle or Microsoft SQL Databases
- Knowledge of banking/ branch operations
- ITIL certification
- 5 years relevant experience in IT support or equivalent related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- experience with problem-solving and trouble-shooting
- Experience in several computer programs and data interfaces.
- Working knowledge of basic network configuration
- Strategic Thinking (Solid)
- Strong analytical mind. Complex problem solving skills
- Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment.