Job Title: Mine Planning Superintendent
North Mara Gold Mine, Mara Region, Tanzania
- Category: Engineering
- Job Id: 095913
Barrick, Africa Middle East Region is seeking to recruit a Mine Planning Superintendent to join the Central and East Africa teams. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
The Planning Superintendent will lead a team focused on producing short-medium-long term mine plans of consistently high-quality and completeness, which are available in a timely manner, and which are optimized and practical to support safe and efficient mining operations. The Planning Superintendent will take a leadership role in communicating with and working collaboratively and effectively with all technical, operational, logistical, administrative and financial disciplines across the business. The incumbent must ensure that technical projects are planned, designed, implemented, communicated and tracked in order to deliver project work of a high professional standard that meet the requirements of the business and is delivered on time and on budget
- Work in a collaborative and productive manner with stakeholders across the business and in Barrick corporate.
- Structure and develop a planning team which is technically capable, engaged, effective, and efficient.
- Review plans to ensure that they are accurate, optimized, and practical.
- Evaluate and monitor costs and schedules and make recommendations for cost savings and opportunities to bring the project deliverables ahead of schedule
- Maintain all contracts, AFE and purchase orders required.
- Ensure that critical paths of projects are completed timely by working closely with subcontractors, consultants, and vendors
- Making strategic decisions through analysis, business case development, modelling and impactful communication
- Responds to a variety of internal and/or external requests, which will require advanced problem-solving approach
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed
- Inspect all areas regularly to monitor activities and assist in future planning
- Periodically review fundamental goals/justification/assumptions to ensure ongoing validity of the planning cycle in an evolving business environment.
- Train and mentor national engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in mining
- 8+ years of Mining Engineering experience.
- Strong underground planning background in a modern mechanised mine.
- Deswik experience
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to team members in a clear manner.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Effective leadership skills required .
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
How to apply:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Mine Planning Superintendent” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: site recruitment inbox firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward applications before: 22 April 2022
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.