Date posted: Apr 13, 2022
Deadline: 26th April 2022
Job Requisition ID: 11488
Job title: Finance Controller
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ business profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Yara Tanzania is focused on developing a responsible agriculture and extension approach, through establishing a crop specific product portfolio which is adapted to the local conditions. Intense efforts are devoted to the training of our retailer network as well as farmers in utilizing the correct fertilizers, in the right amount and precise timing.
Finance Controller position is based in Dar es Salaam and reports to Head of Finance.
- Coordinate and deliver accurate and timely annual reports.
- Ensure accurate, timely submission of monthly reports MMR, balance sheet review, POI, stocks.
- Manage Company’s annual audit and preparation of the annual audited financial statements.
- Maintain appropriate financial records to meet corporate, audit, legislative and financial reporting requirements.
- Manage tax computations, maintain appropriate tax records and supply to the professional tax advisers to ensure compliance with Tanzania legislation.
- Management of the bank accounts ensuring they operate within the approved limits.
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers in adherence to the supplier credit terms.
- Maintain fixed asset records to ensure that all group and legal requirements are met.
- University degree in Finance, post-graduate certificate is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a multinational Organization
- Broad understanding of financial reporting requirements.
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA(T)
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fully paid member CPA (T)
- Strong analytical skills, highly motivated and result-oriented
- Software skills: Advances MS Office software
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Apply no later than
26th April 2022
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.