Vacancy: Senior Accountant
Organization: Clearing & Forwarding Company
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job type: Full time
Experience level: Senior
Experience required: 5 – 7+ Years
Education level: Bachelor degree
Salary: The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Industry: Logistics, Clearing and Forwarding
* Job open for Tanzanian nationals only.
A reputed & leading Logistics, Clearing & Forwarding Company based is seeking to recruit qualified, experienced, committed, self-motivated & enthusiastic candidates for the position above.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation and interpretation of Financial statements
- Coordinate accounting Functions and systems
- Accounts & Bank reconciliations
- Providing training to Junior staffs
- Prepares & analyzes accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports to assess their accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Computes and prepares statutory returns such as VAT, Income Tax, PAYE, withholding Tax, NSSF, etc., ensuring compliance with payments, reporting & other tax requirements.
- Develops, maintains and analyzes budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare actual expenditures to budgeted expenditures and project profitability.
- Preparation of staff Pay-roll & to enter in the accounting package.
- Conducts out any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold professional qualifications i.e. CPA
- At least five years of work experience, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to meet tight deadlines, high level of integrity.
- Practical knowledge and proficiency in the use of accounting software (TALLY) is required.
- Prior audit experience & working experience in a clearing and forwarding company is a MUST.
How to Apply:
- All suitably qualified and interested candidates meeting all the above criteria may send in their updated CVs indicating the Job Title to:
Deadline: 31st January, 2022