BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organizations having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last four years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 14 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Position (1): Senior Grants Manager
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Expected to productively participate in shaping strategy for the Country Office, both within Grant Management remit and beyond.
- Ensure any internal or external grant management audit findings are correctively actioned
- Supports Consortium building and management through participation in consortium meetings and negotiations, ensuring requisite contracts in place
- Coordinates and negotiates the drafting process for financial and narrative reports among different teams, ensuring submission deadlines are met and reports of high quality.
- Liaises with the donor/Affiliates regarding any clarifications on reporting dates or changing donor requirements and inform teams; accordingly, update tracking systems
- Facilitates Kick Off meetings with a diverse stakeholder group
- Facilitates monthly Grant Review Meetings with a diverse stakeholder group, notes action commitments and follows up to ensure completion.
- Facilitates Close Out meetings and actions
- Participates in Global Grant Management community of practice calls and trainings on behalf of Country Office and applies relevant information and learning internally
- Lead and coordinate Due Diligence of Downstream partners during grant implementation as needed
- Supports adherence to BRAC Sub-Grant Management procedures and policies
- Supports adherence of complex donor compliance requirements across the Country and downstream partners through regular communication of compliance elements and training
- Supports the Rapid Assessment process by reviewing all calls for proposals with a compliance lens
- Supports the Donor Contract review process by reviewing contracts with a compliance lens.
- Support teams across Country to ensure all opportunities, proposals, contracts and amendments follow BRAC processes
- Ensure vetting of all partners complete and evidenced
- Draft sub-grant agreements using endorsed template packages and ensuring that all donor compliance requirements are passed down
- Support review of proposal budgets to ensure correct budget template and identify questionable costs from donor compliance perspective
- Perform monitoring of grants, grant spending, portfolio spending and perform further analysis to aid in resolution of issues identified
- Identify issues in active grant portfolio and apply problem solving skills to resolve these
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ Experience with INGOs, Multilateral organizations, development setting with proven field-based experience with grants management and business development.
- Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting; experience of engaging with donors at a strategic level (UNHCR, USAID, GAC, DFAT, DFID, DEVCO, ECHO)
- Possess a high understanding of program operations including procurement and field realities
- Possess an understanding of the full grant cycle including proposal development phase
- Understanding of the financial aspects of grant management, ability to work with Finance Departments on grant management issues
- Show courage and confidence to have tough conversations with other CO teams, donors and Affiliates
- Show high skills in coordination and negotiation
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to analyse trends
- Computer literate (i.e., Google Suite/ Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems)
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to email@example.com with a subject “Snr. Grants Manager”. Application deadline is 31.12.2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and is against all forms of Exploitation, discrimination, and harassment at workplace