Staffing & Talent Acquisition Officer full-time
Overview: Staffing & Talent Acquisition Officer
As our Staffing & Talent Acquisition Officer, for three (3) months contract, you will report directly to the Staffing & Talent Coordinator for East Africa. You will support Agricycle’s growth by performing diligent JDs preparation, accurate job posting in Work , critical screening and interview scheduling with reliability and attention to detail. You will proactively find ways to support the Staffing & Talent Coordinator and will regularly multitask multiple responsibilities in recruiting key roles
- Support S&TC in hiring processes including: advertisement, recruitment, & onboarding.
- Assist S&TC in contacting universities and employers to create a pipeline of talent for key roles.
- Advertise job openings in Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya and receive 40x applicant to opening ratio
- Post job advertisements on different social media platforms for better visibility..
- Screen and organize candidates in the Wrk folders accordingly like shortlisted,interview and offer
- Organize JDs folders, new hire documents folder in google drive as directed by S&TC
- Communicate with unsuccessful candidates via Wrk and respond to queries raised.
- Prepare interview schedules and communicate with candidates and the hiring team.
- Issue employment documents upon approval of candidates and guide new hires through on boarding.
- Assist S&TC in bringing recruitment initiatives to grow our pool of candidates.
- Accomplish all other reasonable responsibilities provided by supervising team members.
Ideal candidates are:
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable experience in recruitment and staffing.
- University degree or advanced work experience in recruitment, HR or other related fields.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Readiness to travel anywhere in East Africa under short notices and occasionally work odd hours.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, especially: gmail and spreadsheets.
Send all applications through https://jobs.wrkhq.com/agricycle by 28 July 2021 at 5pm EAT. Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic and other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter. Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.