TAWIDO is a Non-Governmental Organization led and established by women in 2011 with the aim of promoting health, gender equality, and human rights among the women and vulnerable girls in the community. It was registered in 2013 and obtained its compliance certificate of registration No. 00NGO/R/0169 under NGO Act of 2002 to operate in Tanzania mainland. TAWIDO works to ensure development, care and protection of women and vulnerable adolescent girls by raising awareness about their rights and opportunities for development. Among other things, TAWIDO runs the helpline/ Call Centre that through the Bulk SMS, Interactive Voice Response, SMS Chart Platform and toll-free services brings the aspect of awareness, counselling, referral and linkage of clients to services from the broad network of service providers in all regions of Tanzania. TAWIDO has a solid experience in implementing global HIV programs, offering services among key and vulnerable population ranging from prevention to ART initiation as well as fighting stigma and discrimination.
TAWIDO is currently implementing EpiC project in Kinondoni Municipal which is funded by USAID under FHI360 with the aim of addressing critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable population.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, TAWIDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following position available;
Technical officer (1 Post)
Work Station: Kinondoni – Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to: Program Coordinator
Contract Duration: 1year /Renewable (full time)
A: Community Engagement
- Supervising and managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key population.
- Supporting Peer (Educators mobilizers, navigators) to roll out SBCC training among the key and vulnerable population in respective community.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works `including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities that includes SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools etc.
- Work in collaborative with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigator to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support establishment of case management team in conjunction with health facility.
- Work with project and district officials to facilitate community engagement training to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioral intervention to key population
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders and CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psycho-social support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
C: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting;
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plan for the project to reach targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories.
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets.
- Provide weekly update and monthly report to Project Manager.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share area of improvement.
- Working closely with the Data (M&E) Manager to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Health Care Providers, Peer educators, mobilizers, and navigator to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;
- Bachelor’ degree in Community Development, Project Management, Public Health and Health Information, Social Work or other related degree with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience working in similar roles.
- Knowledge of Health and Development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills with high degree of proficiency in statistical applications.
- All applicants should attach their academic certificates, application letter, and updated resume/ curriculum vitae
Job Application Procedures
- The application must be lodged through email: email@example.com
- A candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- An applicant MUST attach cover letter and the Curriculum Vitae as a single document with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 23:59 HRS on Friday 9th February, 2024.
Contact us through
-Toll free: 0800110039
- TAWIDO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organization or other non-merit factors.
You may connect with us through our social platforms