Service Description JOB TITLE: EACOP TERMINAL FACILITIES H3SE Superintendent (Spdt) POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION Reports to (position): EACOP Terminal Facilities CSR / Functional relationship with Terminal Facitilities H3SE Lead Direct subordinates (number): 3 including EPcm integrated personnel Staff managed (number) : ?10 H3SE supervision persons, on a 1000+ Contractors workers on site MISSIONS / JOB DIMENSIONS The Job Holder is responsible for the following critical tasks :
- Contribute to the implementation of the EACOP Safety Management at the Terminal Facilities. Ensure that EACOP construction sites are safe and healthy workplaces for all CPY employees and contractors,
- Ensure strict compliance to H3SE requirements, with a particular emphasis on Environmental and Social (E&S) matters given the specific context of the EACOP Project,
- Ensure the smooth and effective operation of the CPY Site Construction Team, which will include (i.e. integrated) TotalEnergies staffs as well as Partners staffs and EPcmC staffs,
- Ensures that potential risks that could harm, restrict or terminate Company operations are well identified and that corrective plans to minimize these potential risks are developed and implemented
- Organize the supervision and control of the short/medium term construction activities regarding the H3SE aspects,
- Liaise with EACOP’s Land & Social team to help resolving any communities grievance/issue that may impact works progress and Project’s reputation,
- Participates to Incident Investigation and Reporting for EACOP operated facilities. Assists, organizes and participate Risk Analysis, Operational Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
- Prepare HSE KPI on a weekly basis for all activities related to construction.
- Act as an example in all Safety and Social aspects concerned by the EACOP activities in the Site Area (including surrounding communities and Tanga), The above applies for all Contacts executed at Site, mainly epC TERMINAL, EPC TANKS and EPC JETTY. ACTIVITIES
- Assist the CSR to ensure compliance with the H3SE objectives throughout the Construction phase up to Commissioning phase,
- Adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to H3SE rules implementation,
- Adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to Ethics and Project “code of conduct” policy,
- Promote a positive safety culture within the Site Construction Team and with the Contractors. Ensure consistent H3SE processes are applied across the various Contracts and activities taking place at the Terminal Site (both onshore and offshore areas),
- Ensure each team members of the Site Construction Team under job-holder’s responsibility have received adequate instruction and training in order to carry out their role in a safe manner and to act mindfully as to the specific E&S requirements of the Project,
- Ensure that use of Drug and Alcohol policy is properly enforced,
- Maintain good relationships with Contractors, be flexible enough where relevant but also enforce rigorously H3SE procedures when required,
- Provide H3SE inputs to weekly and monthly reports. Appraise the CSR (and Terminal Facilities Manager) of relevant issues and seek guidance where necessary,
- Participate to the assessment/optimization of Construction methods regarding their H3SE aspects,
- Ensure continuous H3SE surveillance of the 3 main Contractors,
- Participates to the regular Site H3SE coordination meetings and committees. Lead and prepare them as required,
- Lead and support the tool box talks,
- Assists to promote HSE awareness and practices by training, advertising, encouraging, collecting and updating safety statistics and presenting safety feedbacks bulletins, etc,
- Ensures all Permits to Work are properly implemented and endorses that the safety precautions required to execute a job have been correctly identified but also understood by the performing authority and implemented when the job is executed,
- Monitors the application of safety guidelines, procedures and practices in the day to day construction activities. Ensures that all operational activities, routine and non-routine, are prepared and performed with the required level of risks analysis and mitigation with qualified and well trained personnel,
- Assists in organizing drills,
- Participates in HSE audits, monitors, follows up, and assesses any agreed recommendations and ensures their implementation within an acceptable time.
- Participates to the investigation, follow-up and tracking of any H3SE incidents. Ensures that actions plans are properly set up and followed-up,
- Identify, report and, as much as could be at Site level, mitigate project risks. Specific attention to be paid to Environmental and Social Aspects,
- Observe and impose strict confidentiality in the performance of the activities by the CPY Site Construction Team, all along the course of the Project,
- Liaise with other Project team entities, notably regarding E&S and Security matters, and deal with these matters at site level in order to maintain effectiveness of the Site activities,
- Carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT The EACOP will the longest electrically heated pipeline in the world. It encompasses the following key challenges:
- Technical: building such long insulated, heat traced pipeline in remote areas,
- Environmental, social and safety concerns to develop project in sensitive areas with limited infrastructures and significant land issues (acquisition process of the land used by the project still underway),
- between two countries with limited Oil & Gas experiences,
- Integrate Partners and Government in one project. Job Location :
- Pre-mobilization in Dar-es-Salaam in June 2022, to get knowledge of the scopes of work, the specific E&S aspects and the Project organization,
- Tanga Terminal Facilities construction site – in rotation from July 2022.
- Ensure that the H3SE Company Policies, rules, guidelines and procedure are enforced at Site,
- Ensure that construction activities are performed safely, without any LTI nor Recordable Incident,
- Hold the responsibility (together with the CSR) of having the ESIA-related mitigations implemented at Site for the construction phase,
- Be continuously aware of what information and decision have respectively to be shared with or made by the upper management,
- Provide continuous, reliable and relevant reporting to the upper management,
- Be exemplary when it comes to H3SE, engagement with Stakeholders and ethics matters. Make sure that other Site Construction Team members behave in the same way.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Professional and Technical experience:
- Degree : MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline and extensive HSE courses at university level and/or industrial training centers,
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry with similar large scale projects and context in Construction activities for Onshore (or Onshore yards) and Offshore projects,
- Previous operational experience with similar stringency of E&S requirements and complexity,
- Good understanding of onshore construction activities,
- Significant experiences in risk assessment techniques (Hazop, Hazan, Fault Tree, What if, etc…),
- Good knowledge in safety & environmental matters, e.g. legislation, code of practice, etc.
- Ability to determine the potential worst case scenarios in order to assess the realistic level of risk. Identify appropriate controls and risk reducing measures.
- Behavioral competencies:
- Ability to adapt and to represent the company in discussions and meetings with contractors, partners and (marginally) Authorities,
- Ability to embrace and closely monitor Environmental & Social requirements as critical aspects of the Site Project Execution,
- Strongly developed interpersonal skills, ability to motivate staff at all levels to respect H3SE principles,
- Personal credibility, enthusiasm and a demonstrable commitment to H3SE principles
- Leadership, professionalism, common sense and an ability to communicate and promote dialogue, and to resolve potential impasses or conflicts
- Dedication and ability to work under pressing conditions. Fluent in English (min. Bright Test >3.5