UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Institute currently invites applications from recent graduates for an internship in the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit, as part of its internship scheme. The M&E Unit helps the Institute track, analyse and report its performance; as well as achieve a performance culture.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
This role exposes fresh graduates to Government planning & budgeting systems and also, tools for measuring performance and impact.
The successful candidate will support the coordination of the Unit activities, reporting directly to the M&E Officer. Particularly, they will:
- Assist to develop and implement the Institute’s result-based management framework and systems.
- Assist to carry out impact evaluation.
- Support the preparation of quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Assist to coordinate annual planning process.
- Assist to collect data from the Institute’s events for M&E purposes.
- Support to prepare responses to various queries concerning organisational performance.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in Economics, Political Science or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Proficiency in MS word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Join our team by submitting an application via email@example.com, with a subject line “Operations Intern” by December 10, 2021 at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted