Purpose of the Role
The role exists to ensure the delivery of UTT’s welfare priorities providing advice, guidance and practical support in the implementation of the Company’s Strategy & people agenda in line with our values of respect, pioneering, integrity and responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all people on Unilever Tea Tanzania Limited sites. This role is aligned to Unilever Sustainable Living Plan to ensure dignified spaces for all the people involved in UL SC.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Graduate in Sociology, Psychology or any social sciences
- At least 4-5 years relevant experience in a reputable organization in a similar role
- Counselling background will be an added advantage.
- Infrastructure management skills
- Project Management skills
- Influencing skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning & Coordinations skills
- Budget Management
- Practical Creativity
- People management
- Growing & Learning
- Curiosity & Drive
- Demonstrates a commitment to support people in the least restrictive way possible and to ensuring their dignity, respect and human rights are upheld.
- Implement Welfare policy in the business and ensure policies and procedures on welfare are current, conform and where appropriate are best practice
- Deliver welfare targets in line with Company strategy year on year.
- In Charge of overall employee wellness in UTT & proposing new ideas within company scope to improve overall welfare for employees.
- Define standards for welfare facilities and activities i.e. houses, schools, social halls, day care centres etc. Monitor the upkeep of villages, schools, social halls etc.
- Audit, report and ensure infrastructure within the estate/factory/unit are maintained to the highest standards on time in full within the allocated budget.
- Facilitate psychosocial support & counselling services to employees in the business.
- To provide specific support to female employees on matters of abuse and harassment, including a “Safety for Women and Girls” programme and to support the implementation of employee welfare policies, guidelines and procedures
- Undertake regular hot spot mapping and root cause analysis to inform interventions for the safety programme in the zone and provide advice on the same to the LT
- Ensure welfare expenditures are in line with the budget. Participate in the preparation of company welfare budgets & performance.
- Ensure high professionalism in handling welfare issues
- Interface with stakeholders, such as Estates, Factories, Finance, HR, Legal, Security, Supply Chain, and external stakeholders.
- Work with external trainers and rollout to the unit’s aspects relating to Unilever Code of Business Principles- specifically Sexual Harassment Policy, Human Rights and Counselling as per Welfare annual operating plan.
- Co-ordinate training of employees on policies relating to Human Rights, Counselling & work standards.
- Facilitate cascading & implementation of all company policies, procedures and training in the Department/Unit on human rights, counselling, sexual harassment and code of business principles. etc.
- Coordinate Dignity Enhancement Committee meetings with the leadership team and rollout actions as deemed fit.
- Support the collation, analysis and reporting on the opportunities for organizational learning arising from welfare concerns, complaints, incidents and other significant events.
- Monitor Dignity Enhancement Committee (DEC) agenda in respective units and departments and communicate same to DEC at LT level.
- Monitor housing committee meetings and ensure implementation of actions across the business.
- Support Housing Committees in respective units to ensure there is accountability for health promotion, domestic violence, sexual and gender-based violence counselling, infrastructural improvements (i.e., the upkeep of villages, schools, and social halls), and resource allocation.
- Drive social campaigns, audit and report on welfare issues, Human Rights and other areas as may be allocated by the LT from time to time.
- Coordinate stakeholder visits on the UTT sites to showcase what we are doing regarding the people pillar of the UTT strategy.
- Undertake any other relevant duties consistent with the role.
- As per job/site requirements, local travel likely, occasional international travel as need arises.
Should meet expectations on the Unilever Standards of Leadership behaviors relevant to the work level.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.