Social Action Trust Fund (SATF) has experience of more than 20 years in providing care and support services to most vulnerable children and address the impact resulted by HIV/ AIDS and poverty in Tanzania through working with registered local organizations in Tanzania. Currently, SATF operates in 15 regions and 32 Districts of Tanzania Mainland. Our core interventions focus on four main OVC/MVC programing thematic areas which includes Education, Health, Child Protection and Household Economic Strengthening as per the national guidelines.
SATF is looking for vibrant candidates to fill two openings – Program Operations Coordinator and Assistant Program Officer based in Dar es Salaam.
Job title: Assistant Program Officer
Reports to Program Monitoring Coordinator
Summary of roles
He/She will work under the leadership of Program Monitoring Coordinator and will be responsible in providing a day-to-day support for smooth operations in the program department.
- Work closely with the Program Monitoring Coordinator to ensure Implementing Partners have data collection tools and are reporting through SATF Database,
- Work closely with IPs and make follow up on technical implementation of planned activities and review technical/progressive reports submitted by Implementing Partners and provide timely feedback,
- Take lead by liaising with Finance Department to raise requisitions to ensure needed materials are procured and supplied to end users in line with planned budget, SATF policies and procedures,
- Coordinate program events such as trainings, meetings, and other related events by preparing logistics (invitations, venue, promotional materials, transport, accommodation etc),
- Manage WhatsApp group for University and college students and respond to their raised issues,
- Work closely with the program team in developing success stories, updating website and other promotional materials,
- Participate in program annual work planning and budgeting,Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Sociology or Social work from accredited University.
- Track record of implementing projects related to Most Vulnerable Children is an added value
- Enthusiastic and passionate in working with Children and vulnerable members in the community.
- Fast learner with interest in Monitoring evaluation and research.
- Flexible and committed hard worker who can work under pressure and produce required results.
Job title: Program Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Summary of roles:
This position will be responsible for supporting the Program Manager on day-to-day duties, specifically in designing, planning and implementation of SATF MVC program across the four main thematic areas namely, Education, Health, Child Protection and Household Economic Strengthening. He/She will be responsible for coordinating Technical and Programming Strategic trajectory, coordinating the annual work plan, and translating the workplan into day-to-day activities of the Implementing Partner’s plans as well as ensuring quality implementation of planned activities.
- Coordinate the development of Annual Workplan and translate work plan into day-to- day operational plans,
- Liaise with the Program Manager to provide day to day technical guidance to Implementing Partners and ensure quality and adherence to SATF Technical guidelines and policies across all program’s thematic areas,
- Proactively engage the department team in designing and developing guidelines, standard operating procedures for improving quality of service delivery to beneficiaries,
- Review technical/progressive reports submitted by Implementing Partners and provide timely feedback with data inputs from the Program Monitoring Coordinator,
- With data inputs from the Program Monitoring Coordinator, prepare quarterly and semiannual narrative reports and submit to the Program Manager for review and submission to the Management,
- Participate in resource mobilization initiatives through seeking funding opportunities, providing inputs in writing proposals for funding and concept notes for organizing fund raising events,
- Follow up on Government circulars, regulations and policies which have impact on SATF programs,
- Work closely with the team to organize monthly and quarterly meetings with IPs through (virtual) meetings,Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- A Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in, Social work or Sociology with at least 3 years’ experience in managerial or technical role,
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project cycle management, Project Management certification is an added value,
- Good understanding of national guidelines and policies guiding OVC/MVC programming in Tanzania,
- Track record of working with OVC/MVC programs with good understanding of MVC core programing thematic areas ie Education and its related policies, Health, Child Protection and Household Economic Strengthening,
- Good analytical skills and report writing,
- Good understanding of resource mobilization strategies including better skills in writing proposals for fundraising,
- Excellent emotional intelligence able to maintain good relationship with fellow staff, beneficiaries, donors, and Government stakeholders
Method of Application
Send cover letter along with your CV of not more than three pages via email: email@example.com before 10th of January 2022. Please note that, ONLY application received through email will be considered.